“the best lobster roll, ever!”
Review of Quoddy Bay Lobster

Quoddy Bay Lobster
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Eastport
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: This is a seaside restaurants with outdoor seating only, serving fresh lobster, crab, clams, mussels and scallop dishes in a variety of ways. The chowda is to die for (not your standard, flour base, but a creamy seafood infused broth loaded with yummies). There are salads, wraps, rolls, children's portions and dinner size as well. There are a few items for land lovers, but no one in our group ordered any of them. There is a small gift shop offering local made mustards, relishes and other refreshments. Put it on your bucket list!
Brooklyn, New York
“the best lobster roll, ever!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have been a regular at Quoddy Bay Lobster for about 5 years now. My family "discovered" it after discussing the best places to get lobster rolls near Campobello Island with the customs officials at the border crossing! Long story short, they made a trip out to Eastport, ME and found the restaurant at the end of the gravel road on the bay and since then it has been an annual tradition to go for a mid-day feast!

This year was no different and my aunt and I set out for our trip to Raye's mustard to stock up for the year but not without going to Quoddy Bay Lobster for lunch. I am happy to report that QBL has really upgraded their seating and serving method over the recent years. Now it is much more user friendly (even with indoor seating, restaurant style) and a clearly marked area to order your food and pick it up from the window. This is counter service, but don't be dismayed. The people working there are very friendly and helpful and will go the extra mile if you have questions or need special assistance.

I always have the lobster roll (of which you can have 3 sizes depending on your appetite and budget) and a seafood chowder. The chowder is ALWAYS topped with a full lobster claw and contains clams, baby shrimp, scallops, lobster bits and fish. Add a few potatoes and a cream base and light seasoning, it speaks for itself! I attached a photo of my "regular" sized lobster roll (which is the middle of the road option) and you can see it is no small undertaking. Also ALWAYS topped with a whole claw, there is no filler whatsoever. They even go the extra mile and ask if you want your roll made with mayonnaise, miracle whip or drawn butter! I mean....how can you beat this? Every roll is made completely to the customer's order.

Because the seating is primarily outdoors (though there is a large paved area which is covered) there were many people with dogs at their picnic tables - which makes it nice for travelers with pets. The view overlooks the bay, across which is Campobello Island. Usually you can watch the ferry travel back and forth between Deer Island and Campobello while you eat. You order at one window and they call our your number once your food is ready and you pick it up at an adjacent window. Again - all your needs are met, it is simple, fantastic seafood and though just off the beaten path, do NOT miss an opportunity to eat here if you are visiting the Eastport area.

Minnesota
“Mighty fine lobster roll”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I almost didn't stop here. It was POURING rain and I did not want to sit outside. Boy I am glad I re-thought that. They did have a few tables inside, luckily. Lobster roll was great. My favorite thing was right on top was the claw meat still shaped like a claw. But I saved that part for last..mmm. On my way walking to Raye's after lunch, I got stopped by a couple looking for Quoddy Bay and I was happy to give them directions.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great for First Lobstah Suppah”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I recommend ordering the lobster dinner, the lobster wrap or the lobster salad. Enjoy a couple cold beers while you wait and relax at a picnic table in the sun or shade near the ocean and docks. My husband ordered the dinner and I picked at his baked potato that was the best I have ever tasted - so sweet! he was very pleased with the dinner, as this was his first experience with Maine Lobster.
Come a bit earlier than noon, bring a jacket even if the sun is peeking out of the clouds, and walk off the calories in the small downtown of Eastport afterwards.

• Visited July 2014
Bowdoinham, Maine
“This is a required destination for a summer day on the Bold Coast!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stuff yourself with the extra large lobster roll (as I did) or wrestle with a whole lobster--cooked to perfection--or have crab cakes or a fish sandwich or the chowder--its all good. Three sizes of lobster roll makes them handy for family eating. There are other items such as grilled cheese sandwiches for the non-fish eaters. Local bottled beer, wine, and Maine Root drinks also available. The atmosphere can't be beat--the sound of seagulls squabbling and the smell of salt water wafting over picnic tables beside the bay next to abandoned brick fishing business warehouses with lobster boats bobbing in the water.

Providence
“Absolutely perfect meal at Quoddy Bay Lobster”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My wife and I ate lunch here. We hadn't read the trip advisor reviews (our cell phones had problems in Eastport), and stumbled on the place trying to turn around from the main street. This was the best seafood meal I have had in a long time. This is the very best of Maine lobster shack dining. You will order at a window, and sit outside on the bay beside the dock where the lobsters are delivered while you wait for your order. Beer is available, as are the standards (blueberry sodas!). Unlike many places, Quoddy Bay does not do fries- just seafood, seafood, and seafood (and sides such as cole slaw, corn on the cob, and potato salad). We had the seafood chowder, which was the best I have had anywhere in New England (I live in Rhode Island), and a side order of steamed clams. The food was so good that I ordered a "junior" lobster roll to finish things off. The roll came out and was so stuffed with lobster that I could barely fit my mouth around it.
Do not miss this place if you are in the area.