“bad motel”
Review of Motel East

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eastport
Motel East
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Eastport
Maine
“bad motel”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed at this motel recently. Shower curtain was full of black mold and the tub looked dirty. Went to reheat coffee in the microwave and when I opened the door the inside was covered with dried stuck on food. If we would of noticed this the night before we would not have stayed. Spoke to the owner in the morning and he handed us $20 and told us to go get breakfast. Did not seemed like he cared. Will not go back. They should either clean it up or shut it down. Black mold is not healthy. The only heat in the room was a ceramic heater and it stopped working during the night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank seaglasslady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fresno, California
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here on an around the USA solo motorcycle trip. Found the hotel very comfortable, very clean and oh my, what a view. Price was quite a bargin as well.
I would definately recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
MORENO VALLEY
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Even though this place sits on the water and has a great review, I can't recommend it. Huge room, with 2 nice wingback chairs. Both chairs and the carpet were mightily stained. Chairs were apparently old as they sunk way in, I had to add a pillow. It did come with micro, fridge, and flat screen. Some of the front desk people were helpful, but owner was a pain to deal with (through his employees, never talked to owner).

Room Tip: There aren't a lot of choices here, so if you must stay here, choose the top floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank drdroad
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2012

You can walk to most anywhere you want to and have a front row view of the bay. The rooms are huge. The interior is an average, older motel. Ripped screens, older bedding, clean carpets, no coffee anywhere. But we slept well and had plenty of hot water and walked to "al fresco" lobster next door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

It is.not a 5 star resort and yes my curtains did have a hole in them but I had a great nights sleep and the carpet did have a stain on it but It did not effect my sleep my room was larger then any room I have ever had unless I splurged for a suite and the front desk is amazing I can hardly wait to return.

• Stayed July 2012
Kittery Point, Maine
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We've stayed here many times, starting 20 yrs ago, I don't think they've bought any bedding or towels since then. We won't stay there anymore, due to mold, bugs, Bedbugs, holes in the screens and general filthy conditions. This is unfortunate, Eastport is a lovely town, and this is the only motel. Eastport is loosing a lot of visitors, it's too far away from most places to make it a day trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Care2
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I was a little skeptic on staying here because of past reviews, but I had one of my daughters look into this place because one of my dtrs are in the Coast Guard and I wanted to find someplace close also where my Golden Retriever could stay with me. Well I booked the room for 3 nights not expecting what was to come when i showed up. They gave me room 19....It took me 6 hours to get here from where I live and I will tell you. The personal that work here are very nice and laid back and when I seen my room, I checked the carpet, the bed. the bathroom, curtains and many other parts of this room. I have been treated very nicely, my room is beautiful with no issues except that the ceiling needs some Kills on it. I have no idea how others felt about this place, but myself I even asked to spend a 4th night because I love it here. My Dog is very welcome here, she has been happy and nobody has bothered us. I have walked this little town with my dog every day and to be honest with you. If you get a chance to stay in this room you would feel very conferrable. I guess if your not a layed back person and you love things that are stuffy and beautiful at your every whim then do not come to the country to stay. Only real country folk respect the quality of a good place. I can not wait to come back in the summer or early fall to see my girls because this is the place I would stay...... I thank you people that Run the Motel East you are very nice people and real.....
montana and I thank you for a wonderful stay... In the picture I put up. is my Dog I always bring my own huge pink blanket because it is her and my fav one. this allows her to lay on the bed because she only wants her blanket. In the back ground you can see this room has everything except a dishwasher.....Thank you for Having me and my baby girl.

Room Tip: When you come to a small town you have to remember try to respect the local people and you will fit...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mymontanagirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastport
Granite Town Hotel
#1 of 5 in Grand Manan
Deer Island Inn
Deer Island Inn
#1 of 3 in Deer Island

Been to Motel East? Share your experiences!