“Fishing and Fishing and Fishing”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Winthrop
Lakeside Motel & Cabins
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Winthrop
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I go up every Spring and Fall for about the last 10 years and the fishing is great. We rent a cabin and bring our supplies and park the boat right at the the Lakesides docks, which all have plug ins for batteries. Andy the owner has helped me out a couple of times trouble shooting boat problems and keeps a supply of batteries, which one time came in very handy. This is a great place and is only 3 hrs out of Boston

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Lakeside Motel & Cabins

Reviewed September 9, 2013

A group of us have stayed at Lakeside during August for three different years. The cabins are always very clean and well maintained, the entire property is very clean, and the owners Andy and Sherry bend over backwards to make your stay there is enjoyable. We fish the lake when we're there, and a huge attraction for us is the ability to leave your boat in the water at their marina which has electricity, is directly in front of the motel, and is very secure. I highly recommend Lakeside, and look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rob G
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I took our honey moon in August 2013...7 years after we got married...finally! We traveled Maine spending 2 nights at Scarborough, Lincolnville, Bar Harbor and East Winthrop. The first three places were along the coast of Maine and the last two days we spent inland at the Lakeside Motel. For the record...this is the only time I ever filled out one a survey for any hotel in my life but I thought the Lakeside Motel deserved it. This motel is a great place to stay!!! Very reasonable rates and the owners are great people. They offer cottages but I highly recommend staying in the lower rooms of the motel. You walk out the back door and the lake is about 20 feet away. Most of the people staying at the hotel when we were there consisted of fisherman who were so kind they provide me tips and free tackle for fishing. I went to Walmart and bought a fishing pool, reel, line, sinkers, hooks and night crawlers. In two days of fishing, I caught over 200 fish and this was from the docks right at the hotel. I never even went out on a boat. I caught Large Mouth Bass (one over 20 inches), Small Mouth Bass, Striped Perch, Yellow Perch, Bluegill, Crappie and White Bass. Phenomenal fishing!!! They even have boats and pontoons you can rent or...a couple canoes you can take out on the lake for FREE. The coast of Maine is very beautiful but I had the best time fishing at the lake at this Hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the hotel lower rooms where you can walk out the back door and the lake...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Matt C
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way to Vermont. Got there late evening and left early morning. Andy offered us a canoe which was wonderful at sunset. Gorgeous view of the lake from our room and a nice screened in porch for sitting to enjoy the view. Room was a bit small for a long stay but fine for an overnight visit. Once again, Andy was the biggest reason to visit again. So helpful and couldn't have been nicer.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Pager530
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife and I stopped in without reservations, and Andy (the owner) could not have been nicer. He offered us the use of a canoe (no charge) and we had a wonderful evening paddle on the gorgeous lake. I would highly recommend this as a great place to stay. Actually, I wish we could gave stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank EricAAnderson
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and my brother's family stayed here in late August (with 4 kids ranging in age from 10 to 17) We reserved a 2-room suite and a room with with 2 beds in the motel. We were pleasantly surprised to find that our suite had 2 bathrooms, in addition to 2 bedrooms. It also had a mini-kitchen with a small refrigerator, hot plate and sink, as well as plates, pots and flatware. We were also happy to learn that the rooms had window air conditioners, since it was a humid week (air conditioning is usually not needed here, and many motels don't have it). The rooms were immaculate, and the owners could not have been nicer. We went swimming from the docks, made use of the free canoes, played badminton and volleyball, and had a cook-out. The owners provided us with a nice charcoal grill and cooking implements free of charge for our cook-out (bring your own charcoal). There are also swings and a basketball hoop, The kids all had a great time.

Although the motel is fairly close to a busy road, the rooms were very quiet. Lakeside is not a luxury resort, but it is a comfortable, family-owned motel, that will keep the whole family happy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Keren010
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I just returned from The Lakeside and beautiful Lake Cobbosseecontee. We were there 8/17-8/25. The accomodations were excellent as always, and Andy and Sheree Wess the owners have to be the nicest people anywhere. The fishing is great, as is the wildlife viewing. Loons and Osprey are everywhere and there are also Bald Eagles. We highly recommend The Lakeside and will return there every year.

Room Tip: #4 is our favorite. It's a 2 bedroom with a dock right out your back door, and a beautiful view...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Augusta
Hampton Inn Augusta
#2 of 9 in Augusta
Comfort Inn Civic Center

Been to Lakeside Motel & Cabins? Share your experiences!