“Return trip in the future”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Winthrop
Lakeside Motel & Cabins
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Winthrop
Brooklyn, New York
“Return trip in the future”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I only stayed here one night because I was picking my daughter up from sleep-away camp but had a nice stay. My room had a small kitchenette that I can see would be great if you stayed longer. Everything in the room was clean. Seems like a big fishing location since the office had tons of pictures of people with the fish they had caught on the lake. There was also various fishing tackle for sale in the office. My husband loves to fish so I can see us coming back as a family for a few days.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RidleyNY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is such a wonderful place for a family vacation. Our kids, 6, 4, and 3, have a great time here. The lake is just beautiful, the kids swim, see bald eagles and deer, listen to the loons. Everyone on the lake is friendly, and the owners, Andy and Sheree, are so gracious. We've been coming here for a few years, got 3 other families with young kids to join us. They love it, too. We're looking forward to our next trip.
Andy & Kathy M.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy M
Rochester, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Lakeside Motel and Marina is a home away from home for most of our vacations. My husband and I probably vacation there three to four times a year from May through October. We always know that we will be well taken care of and, most of all, we just love it there. We are not just speaking for ourselves, but we are speaking for everyone that we know of who have been fortunate enough to stay there and also other guests that we have spoken to while staying there. The rates are very reasonable, and the hosts, Andy and Sheree Wess are the best you could ask for. They know how to run the operation of the motel in a very efficient and warm and friendly manner. It is very family oriented, and Andy and Sheree do everything in their power to make your stay as enjoyable and comfortable as it possibly could be. The cabins/motel are always equipped with just about anything you would need and always kept very clean. I would not hesitate to recommend this accommodation to anyone travelling to that area. If you enjoy fishing, being on the water, or just sitting and reading a book in a perfectly beautiful setting than Lakeside is the place for you to visit. There are several docks available to you, and you can leave your boat in the water at your assigned dock for your entire vacation, or if you prefer, there are several great fishing ponds within a very short distance for you to try. You would be located just a few miles from Augusta, so there is shopping, several restaurants, etc., something for everyone to do. Andy and Sheree are celebrating their 25th Anniversary in business this year, so I think that speaks for itself. They are the best!!! If you are in the area, check it out. You won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Everett and Jan... W
Brooklawn, New Jersey
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Andy and Sheree are SIMPLY THEE BEST! Lakeside has been a part of our family vacations for FOREVER!. We all visualize that spectacular lake view, the loons and the stars, etc all year long from the moment we leave until the moment we return! This year's trip consisted of ages 13 wks through 47 yrs. old and in the past we have traveled with relatives in their 70's.....FUN, RELAXING FOR ALL!

1 Thank teresa w
Upton
Reviewed August 7, 2011

10 friends spent 10 wonderful days at Lakeside this July 2011. My husband and I have been vacationing there for 24 years. We usually go there 2-3 times a year and spend 7-10 days each time. Over the years we have introduced many friends Lakeside. It is sooooooo relaxing and peaceful. Andy and Sheree are great hosts and will always help to make your stay a wonderful experience.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank j_6_1973
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My family and I have been going to Lakeside since 2002. We look forward to it every year (my kids count down the days until our vacation each year)! It is so relaxing and you feel right at home, thanks to our wonderful hosts, Andy and Sheree. Our cabin is always very clean when we arrive and kept clean and stocked with everything we will need while we are there. The fishing is great and just relaxing and taking in the beautiful view with a good book right outside our cabin is how I love to spend our vacation. I highly recommend it and already have our vacation planned at Lakeside for next July!

2 Thank TraceeP
Peabody, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My family and I have been going to Lakeside for 10 years now, every July. My son says it's better than going to DIsney. Everyone up here is like a family member whether you just met them or you have know them for years. Andy and Sheree are the best host and hostess you will ever find. If you fish, read, or just plain relax this is the place to go.

1 Thank bkka89
Hampton Inn Augusta
#2 of 9 in Augusta
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn

Been to Lakeside Motel & Cabins? Share your experiences!