We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and everything was very much as we were expected after reading the reviews on the tripadvisor, except the free shuttle bus service to ubud town. They are scheduled to run 5 times a day (round trip) and they were never on time. We even waited for 15 mins for our return trip from town to the hotel, the reason was because they were en-routed to pick up a family from another location (not the designated pick up point) who show up late for their pick up time, the shuttle has to wait for them. As soon as we returned to the hotel, we raised our concerns to the hotel staff. The case was reported to the Front Desk Manager whom we managed to talk to in the evening. He did not think that it is an issue for the shuttle bus not on time and leaving the hotel guest waited at the designed pick up point for 15 mins.
This is not the worst part, they even sent some unmarked taxi to pick up the hotel guests from town center back to the hotel on the last scheduled return trip at 9pm. We were approached by a stranger holding a "Furama" sign and asked if we are the hotel guests. He said that the hotel has arranged for free taxi back to the hotel because the shuttle bus were on the way to the airport and we should follow him to his friend's car who lived close by the hotel area and can give us a ride back. Of course we refused and demand to talk to the hotel for verification. Although after verification with the hotel on his mobile (we tried to call the hotel but the number were always busy) and we confirmed that they have sent the taxi. We still insisted for the hotel to send their own bus which came 10 mins later. This time we did not even bother talked to the Front Desk Manager again.
We cannot understand why they managed the shuttle bus service in such a non-reliable way, whereas the other facilities are up to standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Furama Villas & Spa Ubud is nestled amids paddy field in the Desa Bindu district in mountainous Ubud. Covering over 200m2 verdant land. Accesible to the popular artist village of Ubud & art market via the resort's free schedule shuttle service, the Concierge can also arrange for transportation to other tourist attraction based on guest'needs. All in all, the 24-villa collection is designed to draw you into an inviting and memorable holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Furama Villas & Spa Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furama Villas & Spa Ubud Hotel Badung
- Furama Villas And Spa Ubud
- Furama Hotel Ubud
- Ubud Furama Hotel