All reviews harpy eagle great hosts roe nice accommodations san ignacio enjoyed our stay stayed longer robert roads pools rio meals property jungle ford belize grounds
Reviewed February 5, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Inn the Bush for three nights in January. We were upgraded to the Bougainvillea cabin, which has two bedrooms, a spacious living area, and a huge bathroom with an open air shower. Everything was very clean and comfortable. If you are a light sleeper, you might want to bring earplugs, as there are lots of jungle sounds at night.

Roeni and Rob were excellent hosts, very friendly and easygoing. They are very knowledgeable about things to do in the area. I am a vegetarian and Roeni made delicious meals for us every day. All the food was amazing.

The grounds are beautiful and well-kept. The best part is how quiet and low-key it is. When we arrived, all the cabins were full, but that only meant that there were six couples total, including us. Such a nice change from loud, busy resorts. If you are going to the interior of Belize you can't go wrong with Inn the Bush. Loved the four dogs on the property as well!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank erinrG4993VB
Reviewed September 22, 2016

My family (kids ages 8-20) thoroughly enjoyed our 5 nights at Inn the Bush. We rented 2 of their 3 luxurious cabins. The owners seemed to anticipate all of our needs and if there was anything I asked for, it was taken care of. For example, 2 of my kids were flying in later than the rest of us, and the owner arranged transport from the airport for me. As stated in other reviews, Roeni's food can't be beat. We ate every dinner and breakfast prepared by her. One morning we had an early tour and she prepared us breakfast burritos "to-go". It was the best thing I had ever tasted! It would be worth returning just to eat another one.
Some things we didn't expect, for example you HAVE TO conserve energy and water. It's all solar powered up there. We pretended we were "Glamping" and had a great time with it. It was a good opportunity for our kids to learn about conservation out of necessity, not because it's the "in thing."
Although WIFI is advertised it's not at all powerful or dependable. That was problem because my college student had assignments he couldn't complete because had been planning to use their advertised WIFI. Same with the advertised laundry facility...It's at the owners house and they will do a load if you ask and pay, but don't plan on doing all your family's wash on vacation.
The owner's teenage kids are great. They ran around with my teens and all had a super time. I don't think we could've picked a better place to stay. If you love nature but want a bit of luxury, this place is perfect!

Room tip: Sleep with the windows open and hope for a rainstorm.
Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed May 18, 2016

I stayed at Inn the Bush for 4 nights in the first half of May this year with my parents and wife and brother and sister in law, and it was absolutely wonderful! The setting is gorgeous, with beautiful and newish cabins. They're very nicely appointed and comfortable.

Roeni and Robert were great hosts. They were very friendly and had excellent recommendations about tour operators and things to do around San Ignacio. We loved that it was smaller, so with the 6 of us we had all three cabins to ourselves. We had breakfast and dinner at the lodge, and I can't praise Roeni's cooking enough! Dinner was so delicious each time, we actually requested pork chops a second time after the first. The best I've ever eaten!

It's fairly remote, and about 20-25 minutes from San Ignacio, mostly due to road conditions, but we loved it. It was great to wake up to the jungle birds and nothing else every morning.

I would recommend that if you're heading to San Ignacio and want a jungle lodge, this should be the one to pick! It's amazing!

Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed April 11, 2016

Very quaint eco-jungle resort only a short distance from San Ignacio towards Pine Ridge...nestled away at the end of the Mystic River Road this small resort has 4 or 5 private upscale cabanas, an in-ground pool and open air dining facility. Our hosts, Robb & Roe (surname spelling probably wrong) were very gracious hosts and our family dinner was delicious and very reasonable. Although our party of 7 did not stay overnight (we have our own vacation home nearby) we did tour the accommodations and were very impressed.This would be a great jumping off point for daily tours to Caracol, Rio on Pools, 1000 foot falls, Baron Creek, Greenhills Butterfly farm, Zip lining at Calico Jacks or horse back adventures at Mountain Equestrian Center.

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed April 1, 2016

We stayed with Rob and Roeni in early March this year and had a wonderful stay. The setting is quite amazing and the accommodations are very nice. We got to watch toucans in the surrounding trees on a daily basis....soo cool! I was very pleasantly surprised after reading a few comments about roads....the roads were no issue at all. The drive into St Ignacio was easy and they gave us great tips on things to do. Check out the chocolate making demonstration/lessons for sure!

Probably the nicest surprise of the visit was the awesome meals prepared by Roeni! She served barracuda one evening that was amazing!!!! Extremely flexible, a couple of morning she made breakfast burritos to go so we could get to tours. Toward the end of our stay, we had a couple of very warm days and the pool was a great place to relax, stay cool and have a few adult beverages!

Thank you both for your hospitality!

Date of stay: March 2016