“Food was very good...”

Lobsterman's Wharf
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We returned again a week ago and were very pleased. Parking was fine. Were met and ushered to an inside table (our choice) and server appeared quickly to offer beverages while reviewing the menu. Companion had lobster roll, warmed with hot butter, I opted for grilled swordfish. Both were cooked perfectly and well presented with choice of potato, rice, etc. We have always been pleased at this restaurant..."far from the madding crowd" of downtown Boothbay Harbor. We couldn't not have asked for anything better that evening.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Lobsterman's has opened for the 2014 season. We dropped in for dinner the other night. We both had 1/2 rack of ribs. Usually they are awesome, but, this time I really did not enjoy them.

While they did fall of the bone, they were dry and too chewy. I took home what I didn't eat and doctored them up a bit and then they were fine. I am really not a fan of restaurants who cook their ribs hours before hand and then just warm them up.

We definitely will be back to try them again and hopefully they will be better.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I had lunch here today. I don't like seafood or meat. There was a grilled cheese sandwich on the menu which was $8.99.....a ridiculous price for a grilled cheese sandwich. However it included bacon and tomato. I asked for a plain grill cheese sandwich like what was on the kids' menu for $4.99. When my lunch came it was a white gloppy cheese that was barely melted. I could only choke down half of it. It also came with a tiny cup of coleslaw which was very flavorless. When the bill came she had charged me $8.99. I wasn't very happy. My husband had the fried clams and he enjoyed his meal.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

After reading naysayers reviews, I'm beginning to wonder if they ate at the same place we dio! Yes, parking during evening rush hours can be tricky and difficult, but if one goes earlier, say 5 PM, there's usually no problem. We've visited there annually for over 5 years,. We always opt to eat inside...there are table linens and real plates and silverware! A nice upgrade from our usual al fresco dining while in Boothbay Harbor. I didn't view it as "run down". It is quaint but clean. The food is good, adequate size servings and good service. Particularly entertaining is some of the decor....a treasure is the sign reading, "Unruly children will be used as bait"! Love that one. After dinner, take a road cruise down to Ocean Point to see the sunset....a very special treat.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

On the day before we left Boothbay Harbor, we drove over to East Boothbay to check out the ocean views. We noticed the Lobsterman's Wharf on our way back. We weren't sure we wanted to stop, because the outside of the place wasn't very inviting and we didn't notice many cars in the parking lot. Well, we're glad we decided to give it a chance because we had what was probably the best two sandwiches during our week's stay in this lovely area. Since the weather was gorgeous that day (end of September), we sat outside on the deck and enjoyed watching people arriving at the restaurant via personal boats. I've added pictures of our sandwiches. My husband had a scallop roll and I had a haddock sandwich. Both meals were very delicious and very filling!

1  Thank Bags_Are_Packed_1977