“Best New England Clam Chowder!”
Review of Lobsterman's Wharf

Lobsterman's Wharf
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had the twin lobster special which was great, but the best part of our meal was the NE Clam Chowder. Both my wife and I thought it was the best we ever had anywhere! Going back tonight for more! View on the deck it spectacular.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We ate here twice last week on our family vacation. The first time we had 6 adults and 5 children. It wasn't crowded and they handled our large party pretty well.
The second time we added 3 more adults and 2 more children and the restaurant was busier. I thought our server did an exceptional job. Most of the adults had either boiled lobster or fried haddock and all agreed that the food was very good.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our family was staying at a hotel nearby and decided to try this instead of having to go all the way to Boothbay Harbor. we were seated quickly on the dock and it was a lovely evening. The waitress was very good and quick. We ordered steamers, which were good and my husband and I each had a 1 and a half lb lobster dinner. Just before the entrees came the waitress noticed the mosquitos bothering us and moved us inside to a nice table by a window. The lobsters were perfectly done and tasted very fresh. They also came with a good helping of mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables. While I agree with some other reviewers the place may seem a bit run down, I kind of liked it. kind of a crusty seafarers place, but it was clean.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our experience was great because the night was foggy and misty, and the deck - though a little chilly in August - afforded us a view of ships masts in the fog. We had lobster (of course), and the food was delicious.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

It was unfortunate that my family chose to go to this restaurant, but what made it worse is that we ate there after we had a great meal at Ports Of Italy. First off to say that it was rundown is an understatement. It looked like they hadn't put any money into its upkeep in years. The service was slow and they didn't seem to interested if we were happy or not. As for the food I started with the lobster stew. Yes I will say they put lobster in it, but the stew itself was the most bland thing I ever tasted. So with the appy down I prayed that my meal might be better. I had the Seafood Nage. It was supposed to be a dish full of shellfish in a delicate lobster sauce, but instead was something entirely different. While the dish was light on most of the shellfish it was heavy on the smallest dryed out mussels iv'e ever seen. This was disheartening, but what truly pushed me over the edge was the sauce. They used the lobster stew soup, minus the lobster meat for the sauce. It seems they have a big pot of tasteless, heavy cream ladened lobster stew that they use for every sauce they have. By this time I was totally disgusted and ready to leave. I thought maybe it was just me so I asked the rest of my party. My brothers twin lobsters were overcooked and the meat was dry. My sister-in-law had the grilled swordfish. It too was overcooked producing a dry hard to swallow experience. At this point dessert for me was not an option, cause I just couldn't wait to leave. Please think long and hard before going here. There are far to many other options than to waste your money at this place.