“Excellent food, excellent service!!”

East Boothbay General Store
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great house made sandwiches, pizza, selection of beers and wine; eat in on small porch or take away for a picnic.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

EBGS is my favorite sandwich shop. From an initial look at the menu one may think the food is expensive, but it is SO worth it. Portions and quality are perfectly proportional to price. For work I rely on EBGS a lot, frequently placing large to-go orders. They are always accommodating and are organized enough to do big last minute requests. We are so lucky to have them on our peninsula. The cookies are wonderful! They have a stash of fancy cheeses as well. Best breakfast pizza I've ever had. This is a great place to stop and grab a nice bottle of wine or a 6 pack of local beer on the way home from work too. Whether you're planning a picnic on ocean point or a fancy cocktail party, EBGS has what you need. Liz the owner is amazing and runs a very tight ship.

1  Thank Kimberly R

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We having been staying in East Boothbay for 26 years and this little General Store is a treasure! Such a great place to get made-to-order sandwiches and pizza. Also great for breakfast bakery items - like good ole Sinkers (amazing homemade donuts available on the weekends), muffins, scones, breakfast pizza and coffee. They also have a lovely assortment of gift-type items. Definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank mcgwirejeter
Reviewed June 14, 2014

More so a great place to have something fresh and tasty and baked goods are baked daily..Quite an experience walking around the store as they do have literally anything needed from a place such as this with a lot of extras others do not !

1  Thank Akapol
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I heard this place had a great lobster roll, so we decided to stop and check it out. I didn't know it was a store as opposed to a restaurant, so I was a bit surprised when we arrived (I don't know what the heck I was expecting, seeing as it's called a "General Store"). Anyway, it seemed to have a pretty good deli, and there was a line going on, all locals by the looks of it, so I had high expectations. There's also a small dining area with a couple of tables, but there doesn't seem to be a bathroom, which was problematic.

But anyway, as for the food, the lobster roll comes in a french roll, as opposed to a hot dog bun, and the lobster is smothered with mayo on crispy lettuce. There's a lot of meat in it, which is good, because I'm firmly of the Connecticut school of thought when it comes to lobster rolls (warm meat, hot butter), and it takes a truckload of lobster meat to make me forget that I'm eating a cold roll with mayo. It was really, really good. Another undisclosed individual in my party was not so much into it, but she's less open-minded than I am when it comes to what goes with lobster, so let's just disregard her opinion.

Anyway, I liked this place quite a bit and would love to stop by once again, if I ever find myself back in that neck of the woods. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Very cool little General Store - food is all done very well, but the pizza is exceptional! I've heard the donuts are all made fresh as well!

1  Thank RRGoals