“A Pleasant Discovery”

Add it.
Nor'easter
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Happened to be passing through Dover at lunch time and decided to stop here. It was a good decision.
The atmosphere is typical "Town Cafe" - a good thing. The food was a cross between home-cooking and diner. The broasted chicken (which I haven't seen on a menu in ages!) was flavorful and juicy and is served in a more than generous portion with delicious sides. They also serve an unusual chicken sandwich with provolone and fiddleheads (only in season, I presume). We had it grilled on seeded rye bread rather than the advertised bulky roll and it was delicious.
The appetizer (fried cauliflower) was tasty and perfectly cooked. Their apple crumble dessert is one of the better ones I've tasted.
A friendly and helpful staff and a comfortable family feel contributed to a wonderful lunch at a reasonable price.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I work out of state so I only get a date night with my wife every few month. We live in Dover-Foxcroft and my wife wanted to eat someplace close to home. We share their cauliflower appetizer which came over cooked. My wife ordered a lemon drop martini which ended up being a lemonade with some alcohol in it.
I ordered the nor'easter feaster which was ok and my wife ordered broiled scallops which was over cooked and came with instant mashed potatoes.
Overall I've had better meals at other Maine restaurants at a better price. This was our first date in six month and the meal did not live up to the other reviews. I would not return.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice during our weekend visit to Dover Foxcroft. Both times I had the small appetizer wings and yes both times they were very good. I had fried Haddock the first night and fried Shrimp the second night. Both meals were as they should be. Not greasy or over done. Every one in our party of four were happy on both occasions. We will be back. Thanks.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

On our honeymoon with not to many options at 7pm I read other reviews on this place. Was intrigued and found it was true. The broasted chicken and slaw was to die for!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was worth the half-hour drive from Dexter. We had all driven all day and were just looking for good food, nothing fancy. We were all happy with our meals, but the "famous" broasted chicken dinner was the table favorite!