“Terrifying.”

Damn Yankee Balloons
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Dixfield
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a hot air balloon business providing passenger fun flights for over 30 yrs.! Gift Certificates available. We fly in Maine and Massachusetts as well as Canada, May through October each year. Contact us for an unforgettable experience-the adventure of a lifetime.Weddings, Parties and Tether Events are a unique way to celebrate with style. Balloon Banner advertizing is a way to get your logo or message on a "flying Billbboard"! Call us Today!
Reviewed July 23, 2014

It took us over a year to finally get up in the air with this company and once we did it got very terrifying coming down. The Pilot tried to land in a CEMETARY! it was crazy. Once he realized he was not going to be able to do it, he started to lift the balloon back up and we hit a tree pretty hard! Finally getting us high enough we soared to a school with a field. You would think he would of landed in the field but instead landed on the side of the school. We were also hitting tree tops on the way down. It was a very bad experience. I would not recommend this company at all. I think with age his judgment may be a off. With his latest flight hitting power lines, He needs to retire and be thankful he has not killed anyone.

2  Thank Judi D

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Severely burned their passengers. You can search on it. They wont let me put the link here, but the news story is easy to find. Happened July 20. Combine this with the other reviews and I would say you get the idea.

4  Thank Man R
Reviewed October 19, 2013

A group of 3 purchased tickets through Soaring Adventures Summer 2012 and given a list of pilots to contact. Damn Yankee was the closest, scheduling did not work out for 2012. Called early 2013 and scheduled in August, we were told there wold be a $20.00 fuel fee, not mentioned through Soaring Adventures, but we figured $20.00 we could live with that. This trip was canceled due to wind. We went up October 5, 2013 and when we arrived were asked for the $20.00 fuel fee to find it was per person. This being our 2nd summer begrudgingly we paid it. I did contact Soaring Adventures and it was confimed, we should NOT have been asked for a fuel fee. Now we find there are 8 of us in this very small basket with 4 fuel tanks. No room to move. The experience was very rushed, not at all what we expected. The views that we could see were beautiful. I would be sure to ask many questions prior to booking this pilot. I didn't feel we should be expected to pack up, we just PAID for your service

2  Thank cak542003
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Booking was fairly simple with a gift certificate we received. Our first trip was canceled due to a lightening storm (completely understandable) and despite a little rain and a short delay our 2nd attempt went off without a hitch. Our pilot was very knowledgeable and gave us a brief history of ballooning. His staff was very helpful and knew the area of Massachusetts where we flew very well. To my surprise we had 8 people in the balloon including the pilot and tanks, yet somehow we managed to fit and all get a great view. The only thing I'd suggest is bring earplugs as the flame thrower can be very loud and a little hot too (obviously!) Some people may not enjoy this part but I was excited to help pack up the balloon on landing and then return back to the takeoff site by van for a champagne toast. A wonderful first experience!

2  Thank Matt I
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I recently tried to book a ride with Damn Yankee Balloon. I spoke with Gay on the phone. She was down right rude to me. I asked about trying to book a ride over the next few weekend. She said "you've GOT to be kidding me, don't you realize how busy we are". I explained I didn't realize how busy they were and she proceeded to belittle me and act incredibly annoyed.

I ended up us High 5 Ballooning out of Derry NH and had a great experience.

I would strongly recommend that Gay take a serious look at how she treats people. I would recommend that you avoid Damn Yankee if you don't like to be mistreated.

4  Thank Mark N

Been to Damn Yankee Balloons? Share your experiences!