“They just hit power lines in Clinton MA”

Damn Yankee Balloons
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Dixfield
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a hot air balloon business providing passenger fun flights for over 30 yrs.! Gift Certificates available. We fly in Maine and Massachusetts as well as Canada, May through October each year. Contact us for an unforgettable experience-the adventure of a lifetime.Weddings, Parties and Tether Events are a unique way to celebrate with style. Balloon Banner advertizing is a way to get your logo or message on a "flying Billbboard"! Call us Today!
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“They just hit power lines in Clinton MA”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Severely burned their passengers. You can search on it. They wont let me put the link here, but the news story is easy to find. Happened July 20. Combine this with the other reviews and I would say you get the idea.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Man R

South Dennis, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not as expected”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

A group of 3 purchased tickets through Soaring Adventures Summer 2012 and given a list of pilots to contact. Damn Yankee was the closest, scheduling did not work out for 2012. Called early 2013 and scheduled in August, we were told there wold be a $20.00 fuel fee, not mentioned through Soaring Adventures, but we figured $20.00 we could live with that. This trip was canceled due to wind. We went up October 5, 2013 and when we arrived were asked for the $20.00 fuel fee to find it was per person. This being our 2nd summer begrudgingly we paid it. I did contact Soaring Adventures and it was confimed, we should NOT have been asked for a fuel fee. Now we find there are 8 of us in this very small basket with 4 fuel tanks. No room to move. The experience was very rushed, not at all what we expected. The views that we could see were beautiful. I would be sure to ask many questions prior to booking this pilot. I didn't feel we should be expected to pack up, we just PAID for your service

Visited October 2013
2 Thank cak542003
Boston, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Booking was fairly simple with a gift certificate we received. Our first trip was canceled due to a lightening storm (completely understandable) and despite a little rain and a short delay our 2nd attempt went off without a hitch. Our pilot was very knowledgeable and gave us a brief history of ballooning. His staff was very helpful and knew the area of Massachusetts where we flew very well. To my surprise we had 8 people in the balloon including the pilot and tanks, yet somehow we managed to fit and all get a great view. The only thing I'd suggest is bring earplugs as the flame thrower can be very loud and a little hot too (obviously!) Some people may not enjoy this part but I was excited to help pack up the balloon on landing and then return back to the takeoff site by van for a champagne toast. A wonderful first experience!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Matt I
Westerly, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very poor customer service”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I recently tried to book a ride with Damn Yankee Balloon. I spoke with Gay on the phone. She was down right rude to me. I asked about trying to book a ride over the next few weekend. She said "you've GOT to be kidding me, don't you realize how busy we are". I explained I didn't realize how busy they were and she proceeded to belittle me and act incredibly annoyed.

I ended up us High 5 Ballooning out of Derry NH and had a great experience.

I would strongly recommend that Gay take a serious look at how she treats people. I would recommend that you avoid Damn Yankee if you don't like to be mistreated.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Mark N
Gorham, Maine
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Let me just tell anyone who may have the common sense to read this before commissioning this group for a ride; stay away! "Joy" who is an administrator, manager or owner (??) is far and away the most unpleasant person we've ever had to deal with. While we've had many trips cancelled last minute for wind & weather, we have been told to "figure it out" with scheduling and been reprimanded for not keeping their flight schedule on paper for further inquiry. After nearly $1000 investment, we are still struggling to get in the air a year later. Joy should change her name to Cruella... Balloon ride = Positive relaxing experience you say.. give me a break

Visited August 2013