“Impressive”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is a local restaurant for us and having dined at the wonderful silver service Assagio Ristorante at Hyde Park we thought we would try the Campbelltown Assagio Cafe. We were not disappointed and ended up having a delightful 3-course meal there. An entree of Mozza, Calamari Insulata, veal and squid for main followed by a shared pana cotta were ALL very enjoyable. Service was non intrusive but attentive and the cost reasonable. We went on a Wednesday night and it was reasonably full so would suggest booking on a weekend or you may be disappointed. Will return again.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

A group of us went for Lunch.

We were greeted very nicely and escorted to our table where the Menu was presented and drinks explained. Water was provided instantly.

We were told to peruse the Menu and they would return. This they did in a reasonable time and proceeded to take our orders. We were advised that the meals would take 15 minutes to prepare. This occurred and all meals were served together and hot. Quite excellent service.

We will go again.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times and have always enjoyed my meal. I felt it necessary to add another review as I recently ate here with my family enjoying an evening meal, after having a business lunch as a more expensive "up market" city restaurant with very similar cuisine. After experiencing a "just OK" meal at lunch time I thought I would order a meal that was exteremly similar to what I had eaten for lunch. As I expected, the meal at Assagio was much more flavoursome, filling and enjoyable, for much less $$$. Once again, the whole family enjoyed their meal, our wait staff were lovely and even found the children their drink of choice (while not being listed on the menu). This "cafe" may be out in the suburbs but beats the similar city restaurant "hands down".

Reviewed December 29, 2013

On our visit to Adelaide recently, Assaggio offered the best service of all.
The food was delicious and arrived quickly.
Portions were very generous and well priced.
It has become a regular when we visit family in Adelaide.
I would highly recommend.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My first experience at assaggio cafe was a pleasant one. The atmosphere was pretty cool. It is a fancy/modern cafe. We shared few pasta dishes as well as a Salmon. I found the pasta very simple yet flavoursome. Salmon was pretty decent too. The service was very nice and all the staff seemed very friendly. Will definitely return.