The Brewster Inn
$77
$89
Canaan Motel(Canaan)
Priceline
Best Western White House Inn(Bangor)(Great Value!)
$90
$80
Rodeway Inn(Bangor)
$65
$119
All reviewshoneymoon suitehot dishbed and breakfastother guestsliving roomenjoyed our staynew englandgreat hostsold housebreakfast was deliciousa wonderful place to stayeach morningpleasure of stayingmoosehead lakehome away from homecomfortable staycommon areas
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We recently had the good fortune of getting married at The Brewster Inn. Mark Stephens the Innkeeper, made the event very special for us. He really went out of his way to ensure that our guests and the two of had a wonderful time. All went well. Our rooms were very clean, and decorated very tastefully. The morning breakfast was outstanding. Thanks Mark for all you did. Have a great Holiday, and travel safe when you go to visit your family in England.

Best Regards,

Maurice and Mark 12/13/2013 Our Wedding Date

Room Tip: Call ahead and plan well if going in winter. it was pretty cold.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
BrewsterInn_Mark, Owner at The Brewster Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Hi Maurice and Mark, it was perfect having you here for your stay at the Brewster Inn. An excellent wedding ceremony and a perfect meal at Vittles to finish with 2 nights at the Brewster Inn.. Perfection!!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We loved this B & B! It is a wonderful place, full of history. When I booked our room, I did choose the Charlbury Room which the owner told us was one of the smaller rooms in the inn. It was perhaps smaller than some of the other rooms, but we found it to be quite lovely. It was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was updated and nice. The sink is in the bedroom rather than the bathroom, which I found convenient for a couple sharing a room! We only spent one night here so the room was nice for our visit and not too small (it was once the maid quarters). The breakfast was delicious-the owner makes the sausage casserole, a familiar casserole for those of us in the South. Fruit, muffins, bagels, etc are also offered. We enjoyed visiting with others at breakfast, which is served long enough that you don't have to rush downstairs to make it in time. Oh, and another nice amenity are the plush robes provided in the rooms!! Mark, the owner, couldn't have been a nicer host. He directed us to a wonderful restaurant that was in another town we were driving thru to get to his B & B. The next day, he was helpful with driving suggestions and historic information. He has a great dry wit! We would love to stay here again if ever near Dexter again! Highly highly recommend!!

Room Tip: We loved the Charlbury room, but if staying for more than one night, I might choose another larger room. I might...but I did love this room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Bluejabber thank you for your great review and i hope to see you again in the future and then i can do the same for you then as i did for you this time round. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here. your guest room, the robes and the great breakfast

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Brewster Inn in Dexter, a gem of a bed and breakfast in central Maine, was a great location for day-trips with a wide variety of activities. Our four-night stay in the Garden Room was quiet, roomy, and comfortable with a beautiful view of the garden. The bedding, robes and towels were very high quality.

Mark, the owner and inn keeper, made our stay memorable. He suggested day trips like Moosehead Lake and Acadia National Park with places of interest to stop along the way. Mark also recommended excellent restaurants, answered all of our questions, and assigned a designated parking place for each guest. His buffet breakfasts were varied, plentiful, well prepared and tasty. He even shared recipes of the hot breakfast casseroles!

Room Tip: The very quiet Garden Room was tucked away in a corner hallway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Barbara, the Garden room is now changing. Its being painted and the floors have been refinished to match the finish on the floors downstairs that were done last year. Being in central Maine is a good thing, it means that my guests can do just what you did, stay here for numerous nights and not have to worry about checking in and out every day losing hours getting to your next accommodation, when you can stay here, relax, have a great time and and enjoy your vacation. I'm trying out some new recipes for breakfasts this year, they all seem to be working well. Hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I quickly put together a trip to Maine to see the Fall colors. I got lucky when I called Mark at the Brewster Inn in Dexter. He took the time to discuss what our plans for the week would consists of, made recommendations, and even followed up with CALLING ME BACK to see if I had all my plans in place, making other suggestions for our itinerary, even though it would not be in his area. I was so impressed. When we arrived at the Brewster the Inn was big and roomy, breakfast delicious, and more help from Mark to make sure our days plans were in place. I've never seen any one work so hard for his guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Faye! "Best innkeeper i've ever met" is your review title.. thats a big title to live up to but i try hard to do the best i can for every guest that comes in my door. I may get it wrong on occasion, i'm only human but i promise all my guests that i will always try my hardest to get it right every single time for them as i enjoy what i do and i want you to remember your stay at the Brewster Inn.
Thank you for coming. Hope to see you both back over here in the future and i have lots more good recommendations for you

Reviewed November 10, 2013

On the good reviews this B&B has received, we decided to stay a couple of nights and were not disappointed. The Victorian charm of this B&B was very welcoming, as was its British proprietor. We stayed in the Truman room and had a comfy bed and a delicious breakfast each morning. We were given suggestions of nearby attractions which was helpful too. All in all, this lovely B&B has quaintness, charm and all the trappings of a by-gone era that you are sure to enjoy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Precious Weasels. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Brewster Inn. More work has been going on with more floors refinished (inc your room) to match the ones downstairs. More painting done and rugs going in... and more! Thank you for your great review. Hope to see you again