The Brewster Inn
$77
$89
Canaan Motel(Canaan)
Priceline
Best Western White House Inn(Bangor)(Great Value!)
$90
$80
Rodeway Inn(Bangor)
$65
$119
All reviewshoneymoon suitehot dishbed and breakfastother guestsliving roomenjoyed our staynew englandgreat hostsold housebreakfast was deliciousa wonderful place to stayeach morningpleasure of stayingmoosehead lakehome away from homecomfortable staycommon areas
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Ending a long day of work and travel couldn't have been better! Mark, the innkeeper bent over backwards to make sure my room was comfortable and to my liking. My room was clean, comfortable and had a fireplace, which was such a nice touch. I was sad that I could not stay another night as I truly enjoyed the history of the inn, the fresh breakfast, and the comfy bed. Although I was at the inn due to business, I plan to return to enjoy some of the local eateries, antique shops, and a long day of snowshoeing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
BrewsterInn_Mark, Owner at The Brewster Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Perfect B&B- I’m glad you enjoyed your room. We strive to ensure all the rooms are clean and comfortable, and a room with a fireplace is a nice touch, especially at this time of year. It’s great when guests stay for business and decide to return with friends or family to enjoy some personal time away while staying at the Inn. Whenever you all are ready to visit, just let me know and I can help with any info you’d like on the places to eat, multitude of antique shops and places to enjoy snowshoeing. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I travel a lot for work and I was delighted to find The Brewster Inn in Dexter, ME! I arrived late and left early and Mark was there to accomodate. Arriving after dark I didn't realize what a magnificent view the inn has from the living room and glass porch area. I look forward to staying at The Brewster Inn in the future - the next time I'm going to give myself some more time to enjoy the location and possibly a glass of wine!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BusinessTravelGirl23

Great find – I know travelers often arrive at all hours of the evening or night and try to accommodate. Glad you enjoyed your brief stay. The living room and conservatory are great areas to relax and have a drink, socialize with family, friends or other guests. Hope to see your family here sometime.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Meeting Mark Brewster and staying at his beautiful, well appointed Inn were the highlight of our brief trip to Maine. After many hours of travel we started looking for a B&B to stay. Called and checked him out, only to find that we were 30 miles further North than his inn. However, after feeling so welcomed by him, even on the phone, we decided to "chance it" and turned around to stay at his Inn. It was no chance at all. We found an Inn where no detail of charm and good taste had been spared and an investment in making sure we were comfortable and had a good time.
As a former B&B owner, it was indeed a treat to visit The Brewster Inn in the heart of Maine located in the hub of anything one would want to do. We look forward to happy returns.

Room Tip: Each room, no matter what the price, was lovely and comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Loisceyomi

Port in storm – Thank you for your post and kind words. It means a lot that former B&B owners enjoy their stay and felt welcome. I’m glad you took the chance to backtrack in order to stay here. I always want guests to feel welcomed and invited. It’s always good to know that others enjoy the charm and setting of the Inn as I do. Hope you all will come again if you find yourself in Maine.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We spent one night at the Brewster Inn during our New England Road trip. That was one of our favorite place. So warm, lovely, very fascinating "england style". A nice place to stay with such a kind innkeeper. And last but not least, the room was CLEAN, as nowhere else! Really better than our expectations, a great surprise on our way.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irishmood

Place to go- I’m glad you enjoyed your time here and found it to be a great surprise along your way. I do pride myself on cleanliness, comfort, information and friendliness. Your description of the Brewster Inn as warm, lovely, fascinating and England style is exactly how I hope all guests find it. Thank you for your post and hope you all can visit again some day.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We always stay with family for Thanksgiving, but this year that was not possible, so I set about to find a place for my wife and I to stay. The two motels which are close to where we were going to be, are sub par. I looked into B&B's, thinking we would have a nice, romantic getaway while not with relatives.

Spoke to Mark at the Brewster Inn, and explained that I am a BIG guy (close to 500lbs) and needed 1st floor, king bed, and a shower that I could fit in easily. While on the phone, Mark took the time to measure bathrooms, discussed moving things around to accommodate, and after a few calls back and forth, he came up with a brilliant solution.

The Inn was beautiful, and we have vowed to return when we had more time, and could take in more of the ambiance. Perhaps when we are not in Maine for a family visit. An avid gardener, I am sure if we returned during a warmer season, my wife would spend time admiring the gardens.

There is a lovely hallway lined with comfy chairs, where I could see myself chatting with fellow guests. The living room was wonderfully decorated, with a fireplace and a magnificent window seat. I realized that the big difference with a B&B is that, it's all about the areas OUTSIDE of your room that can make your stay a pleasant one. The Brewster Inn really shines in this category.

The room Mark prepared for us had a whirlpool tub and a HUGE shower. The water pressure was awesome, and we missed it immediately upon our return home. Breakfast smelled YUMMY and I could not wait to partake. I was not disappointed, and the English Muffins make Thomas's English Muffins (nooks and crannies and all) seem like warm Brillo pads!!!

Reading Mark's story and the history of the Inn, together with all that Mark has done since buying the place, I realized that to be a B&B owner, one must make it one's life work. The passion Mark has for what he is doing, made our stay one to remember.

Room Tip: Have a chat with Mark on the phone before you choose, he is a master at accommodating.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dave L

Beyond call of duty – I’m so happy you all enjoyed your stay here. And appreciate your tip to call ahead of time if need to discuss any special needs or concerns. I want each and every guest to feel as if they were well taken care of. I’m glad you all enjoyed your room, that whirlpool tub is great for romantic get aways or to relax the stress away. I work hard to make sure that all the public areas are not only comfortable, but inviting, so guest will feel enjoy sharing them. So happy you all enjoyed your breakfasts. I’m constantly trying new recipes. There’s a large selection to suit everyone, but I do pride myself on the special hot dish of the day. I strive to make it something that is tasty and feels like a special treat. I hope you all can visit again soon, there will be lots to see in the garden and Inn. Thanks so much for your post!