The Brewster Inn
$77
$89
Canaan Motel(Canaan)
Priceline
Best Western White House Inn(Bangor)(Great Value!)
$90
$80
Rodeway Inn(Bangor)
$65
$119
All reviewshoneymoon suitehot dishbed and breakfastother guestsliving roomenjoyed our staynew englandgreat hostsold housebreakfast was deliciousa wonderful place to stayeach morningpleasure of stayingmoosehead lakehome away from homecomfortable staycommon areas
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have never stayed at a B&B before so I wasn't sure what to expect. When I arrived at 3pm they were not quite ready for me so he had me sit in the living room. Under the couches looked a little dusty. The house is quite fascinating though. I felt like I had stepped back in time. I had a pleasant room and it was very quiet. Breakfast was wonderful. I would like to go back in the summer to see the garden in bloom. While the Inn wasn't as elegant in.person as the pictures on line showed, it was a pleasant stay..I would go back.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank NanaP155
BrewsterInn_Mark, Owner at The Brewster Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Nice B&B – I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. The house does have a fascinating history and I’m always happy to share it with guests. I hope you will return to see the gardens in bloom, they are beautiful and have had many changes since I first arrived, with more to come. There has been a lot of changes going on to continually improve and update the Inn, especially the changes that continue in the living room. However, I pride myself on the cleanliness and apologize if some dust was present upon your arrival. I can promise you that we’ll be more diligent after any work taking place. I’m glad you enjoyed the breakfast and hope you’ll come back to visit again.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

A great thanks to Mark at the Brewter Inn! This was a first time visit to Maine for my husband Tim and I and we couldn't have felt more at home. Mark was very inviting and knowledgable of the best places to visit. Breakfast was wonderful every morning and we really felt like we were right in our own home state having breakfast with old friends! Our stay in the honeymoon suite was beyond relaxing and i am still in disbelief over the cleanliness of the entire suite! Mark-don't worry about anyone trying to haggle you over that because we've been to many different places over the years we've been together and i can safely say that everything was spotless!

The Inn was beautiful and the history behind the mansion is wonderful.

Thank you so much for a lovely stay and we look forward to catching up with you again in the future.

All the best,
Tara & Tim S.
Connecticut

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TaraS924

Thank you for your kind post. I’m so glad you enjoyed your anniversary stay here! I pride myself on my local knowledge. Knowing the good dining, things to do and sights to see is always an extra help when guests need info. This part of Maine is a wonderful place to be as there is so much to see and do. Im always pleased to help guests with info. The Honeymoon Suite is a wonderful guest room. Almost 600 sqft , original wood paneling, great seating area,, fireplace and a big whirlpool. Thanks for coming and hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Brewster Inn is a delightful surprise in Dexter! It is a lovely charming Inn. The Game Room was one of my favorite rooms on our stay!! It was a super cozy, huge room with very homey feel. Loved it! And out of all the 6 B&B's on our trip, Mark was by far the most gracious and personable host. He felt like an old friend by the time we left. We loved our stay!

Room Tip: Game Room was better than I even anticipated.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah T

The Game room is an excellent room. Almost 600 sqft , original wood paneling, great seating area,, fireplace and a big King bed. I always try third to give my guests a great welcome and to make sure they have everything they need for a wonderful stay. Thank you for your compliments and post. Hope you all will visit again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We spent two nights at the Inn,and really enjoyed it. Mark is a great host and the Inn itself is beautiful. We'll definetly be back. The breakfasts were wonderful, we enjoyed the company of other visitors.The property is lovely as well. We hope to get back during the summer to really enjoy the beauty of the gardens. Dexter is a nice little town, the Inn is handy for walking to town or on the walikng trails that pass by the street.

Room Tip: The hideaway is just that, very restfull,great getaway room,loved the whirpool tub. The Truman room is lovely, but definetly noisier . We peeked in the Gameroom & think it would be the best of both worlds.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SanfordMainer

The Hideaway is a great room. 1st floor at the back of the house. Very peaceful and relaxing. The Brewster Inn is all about peace, quiet and tranquility. That’s what you get when you stay here. Somewhere to come that’s comfortable and enjoyable. My gardens will have a couple of big additions this year. I now get people come and stay just to see them. Dexter is a great location for basing yourself for a few days to see as much of Maine as you can. It’s the centre of the State so everywhere is just a day trip. You can get to the coast or be in the wilderness of the Moosehead Lake and Mt Katahdin region of Maine in less than an hour. Thank you for coming to stay, hope you all will visit again! And thank you for your post.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Some coworkers & I recently spent 3 nights at the Brewster Inn & we loved it! Mark takes on the roll of host so wonderfully that within minutes you feel like you're visiting a long-time friend and you're a welcome guest in his home. The Inn itself is amazing and Mark is so gracious in making you feel welcome - we had a fantastic time checking out the history of this beautiful home and felt comfortable wandering through this huge Inn while we explored. The rooms were spotless and charming, and breakfast was excellent!

For me it's all about the personality - there's no doubt the inn is gorgeous, but the enjoyment of a stay for me in any B&B comes down to the host - Mark took such a personal interest in making sure we were comfortable, giving us directions on how to get where we were headed, offered suggestions for sightseeing & dining, has a hilarious sense of humor (not to mention some great stories), and such a genuine desire to please. If you're in Maine, you should definitely make a point of visiting The Brewster Inn...you'll find that when you leave you will not only have had a wonderful stay in a gorgeous inn, but you'll feel like you also have a new friend! I would definitely stay again any time I am in Maine!

Room Tip: Rooms are clean, spacious and filled with charm! Beds extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Beth W

Thank you for your post! I’m very happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Brewster Inn. I personally check all my guest rooms to make sure that they are just right and very clean before guests arrive. It doesn’t take more than a few moments to do, and guests appreciate a clean room and deserve one. I always try to make sure that guests feel comfortable as at home, when they’re here. There’s lots of great amenities for guest comfort and enjoyment and my very comfortable beds and pillows which almost all my guests comment on. I enjoy making my breakfasts. Guests are always asking for the recipes., could possibly be a cookbook in the future. Hope to see your family here in the future.