“Fantastic B&B...It's all about the personality!”
Review of The Brewster Inn

The Brewster Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Dexter B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Some coworkers & I recently spent 3 nights at the Brewster Inn & we loved it! Mark takes on the roll of host so wonderfully that within minutes you feel like you're visiting a long-time friend and you're a welcome guest in his home. The Inn itself is amazing and Mark is so gracious in making you feel welcome - we had a fantastic time checking out the history of this beautiful home and felt comfortable wandering through this huge Inn while we explored. The rooms were spotless and charming, and breakfast was excellent!

For me it's all about the personality - there's no doubt the inn is gorgeous, but the enjoyment of a stay for me in any B&B comes down to the host - Mark took such a personal interest in making sure we were comfortable, giving us directions on how to get where we were headed, offered suggestions for sightseeing & dining, has a hilarious sense of humor (not to mention some great stories), and such a genuine desire to please. If you're in Maine, you should definitely make a point of visiting The Brewster Inn...you'll find that when you leave you will not only have had a wonderful stay in a gorgeous inn, but you'll feel like you also have a new friend! I would definitely stay again any time I am in Maine!

Room Tip: Rooms are clean, spacious and filled with charm! Beds extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Beth W
BrewsterInn_Mark, Owner at The Brewster Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for your post! I’m very happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Brewster Inn. I personally check all my guest rooms to make sure that they are just right and very clean before guests arrive. It doesn’t take more than a few moments to do, and guests appreciate a clean room and deserve one. I always try to make sure that guests feel comfortable as at home, when they’re here. There’s lots of great amenities for guest comfort and enjoyment and my very comfortable beds and pillows which almost all my guests comment on. I enjoy making my breakfasts. Guests are always asking for the recipes., could possibly be a cookbook in the future. Hope to see your family here in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at The Brewster Inn, Oct 1-3, for our 2 year wedding anniversary. We absolutely loved it!! Mark, the innkeeper, was fantastic. He truly made you feel as if he was inviting you into his home, not just an inn. So welcoming, full of information and extremely helpful in finding dining options and activities. The breakfast he serves is fantastic. We absolutely loved the french toast casserole. The Inn was beautiful and so was our room, the Honeymoon Suite. We have stayed in many B&B's and hotels over the years and you really do get a "lot of bang for your buck" here. We highly recommend The Brewster Inn and cannot wait to plan our next trip back.

Room Tip: The Honeymoon Suite is very spacious and very romantic.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher C
BrewsterInn_Mark, Owner at The Brewster Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Best B&B Experience – I’m so honored at the title of your review. My every goal is to have all guests feel that way when they leave. The Honeymoon Suite is the perfect choice for celebrating an anniversary. The room encourages romance and allows for quality time together. The French toast casserole is one of the favorite breakfasts here. I pride myself on the breakfasts and hope to possibly put them together in a Brewster Inn cookbook in the next year or so. I can’t ask for a better compliment than guest who not only plan to return, but will recommend the Brewster Inn to others as well. Thank you.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

October 2nd thru the 4th 2012, we stayed at the Brewster Inn. Mark called to be sure we knew how to get there. He was waiting our arrival and helped settle us in for the night. When we got up the next morning he was waiting for us to give us directions to where we had to be for a work shop we were attending. We could not have asked for a better host, his sense of humor added to our over all experience. Rooms were very clean and nicely furnished, breakfast was great! We enjoyed our stay so much that if I ever go back to Maine the Brewster Inn will be where we will stay.

Room Tip: The Fern Room is our personal favorite
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Loco_22_12

Awesome experience – your title says everything I want guests to feel about their stay at the Brewster Inn. I pride myself on providing as much help as I can to guests, especially when they are not familiar with the local area. My “British” sense of humor is just part of who I am and I’m always thankful when guests understand and enjoy it. If you find yourself back in Maine, there will always be a clean room and delicious breakfast waiting for you here at the Brewster Inn.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We recently spent two nights at the Brewster Inn. It was such a great experience for us. Mark was so helpful before we arrived and during our stay. When we arrived, he asked us if we would like to upgrade our room to the Honeymoon Suite, after he had already taken all of our luggage up those long stairs! We took a look at the room and fell in love with it! Mark then brought down all of that luggage to our new room. We were hungry after our drive from Boston, so he told us of a wonderful restaurant approximately 25 miles away. It turned out to be about the same distance from my husband's relatives, so they met us there. Wonderful food Mark!!!!!!

We enjoyed our breakfast each morning and the visits we had with the other guests! I only wish that we could have spent more time at the Inn during the day rather than visiting elsewhere. We will definitely come again and spend our time at the Brewster Inn next time we vacation Maine!!!!!

Thanks Mark for your hospitality! By the way, I'm enjoying my robe and jacket I purchased from the Brewster Inn! Tonie and Gene

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite! It was very spacious, quiet, fireplace, hot tub, extra room for reading.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frances D

Maine Travel 2012- I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay in the Honeymoom Suite at the Brewster Inn . Also, that your family and you enjoyed your meal out. I always try to give guests a few good options to choose from if they decide to go out for a meal after arriving. Glad to hear you’re enjoying the robe and jacket. They’re very comfy, especially this time of the year. It’s always good to hear guests enjoyed their stay, their breakfast and the interaction with other guests. No better compliment than to know guests look forward to returning. Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We have been staying at the Brewster Inn for over twenty years and it just gets better and better!
The Innkeepers have transformed the Inn and grounds.We have always had wonderful and fun stays & must say when we do arrive we are welcomed warmly by a charming and funny bloke who cannot do enough for you. The Inn is clean, the breakfasts are very good and substantial and if you need anything extra they will do their very best to accommodate you. Not sure what happened to those folks in the Honeymoon Suite, (that is our favorite room to stay in!!!) perhaps they have never met an English Innkeeper with a heart of gold and a good sense of humor. We suggest they give it another go!!!!

Room Tip: they are all good!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetotravelNewYork

Lovely, Perfect & Fun – thank you for your kind words and review. It’s wonderful to know there are guests who continue to visit regularly and have been witness to the transformation that has taken place thus far with the Inn and gardens. It’s still a work in progress but has come a long way. I do try to be as accommodating as possible for guests. I’m glad you enjoy the humor and the breakfast. The goal is for all guests to leave feeling they’ve had a delicious and filling meal. Hope to see your family continue to visit for years to come.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed a night at the Brewster Inn a few weeks ago and it was such a wonderful experience. We went to a concert in Bangor, and although the Brewster Inn isn't right in the city it worked out perfectly fine to stay in Dexter. I had never been to a Bed and Breakfast before and really didn't know what to expect. First of all, the property is absolutely gorgeous. The house is charming and tastefully decorated, and it's very clear how much work has been put into the upkeep. There are beautiful gardens and benches to sit on in the back, and a nice patio where you can relax. The rooms are very clean and extremely comfortable. Even more than the excellent accommodations, Mark really made our stay remarkable. One reason I had steered away from B&Bs in the past is that I was concerned that the welcoming environment might come at the expense of my privacy. This was not the case at all. Mark went completely above and beyond to make our stay the best it could be. Not only did he offer a wealth of information about the area, but he really went out of his way to assist us. He completely surpassed his responsibilities as the owner and helped us out. The other families we spoke to at breakfast shared similar stories about Mark's exceptional service. All around great experience staying at the Brewster Inn!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
BrewsterInn_Mark, Owner at The Brewster Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Above and Beyond - I love to know that all my guests have had a great stay. It especially pleases me to know that first time BnB guests leave happy with their choice to try a BnB, with any fears dismissed. And hopefully will continue to try BnBs in the future. Thank you for your kind remarks about my service and the house and gardens. I strive to make the Brewster Inn public areas, inside and out, very warm and inviting to guests. I hope all guests feel they can relax and make themselves at home here. Likewise, breakfast here is meant to be homey and filling. Thank you for your review. Hope that your family will choose the Brewster Inn if you're ever in this area again.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Several members of our family gathered for a memorial service, and Mark was very helpful. We were fortunate enough to get a room at the last minute. I am one of those people who takes her pillow everywhere, and I have to tell you that this is the first time I took my pillow back to the car! The beds and pillows are just wonderful. Mark is one of the hardest working folks we have ever met, and does everything in his power to make sure your stay is comfortable.

Room Tip: Just talk with Mark about what you'd like...we happened to have the Garden Room, which had a nic...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Donna T

Dear Total Comfort. Thank you for your review. I'm very pleased to know that my choice in pillows made you comfortable enough to leave your own pillow in the car. That was exactly my intention when I chose my new bedding - that guests would feel as comfortable as they would if they were in their own bed. I'm also glad you enjoyed the Garden Room. I always strive to help guests find the room that best suits them and their needs. Thank you again for your review and hope your family will visit again someday if you're in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dexter
Pittsfield Motor Inn
#4 of 4 in Dover Foxcroft
Canaan Motel
Canaan Motel
#1 of 1 in Canaan

Been to The Brewster Inn? Share your experiences!