“Great food on Deer Isle, ME”

The Clamdigger Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Deer Isle
Description: Small family owned and operated local restaurant with full bar and local seafood. Prime Rib and weekly specials.
Warren, Pennsylvania
“Great food on Deer Isle, ME”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My family and I enjoyed a great meal at the Clamdigger! We used to eat there years ago while on "the Island", and were very happy to see it open again. Brian, the chef, grew up in the restaurant working with his parents, and he has all the recipes used "back in the day".
Our food was great! Most of us had seafood and enjoyed it very much, and the person who ordered the roast beef was very pleased as well.
I stopped and had a hot dog for lunch on their opening day for lunches, and that was a perfect light meal.
Give the Clamdigger a try!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Rick H

Brunswick, Maine
“Was once great...and still is!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Fee like steak? Feel like a place the locals go? Feel like some seafood? Feel like some great service at a family owned (multi-generations) establishment...go to the digger! This was and is again an island institution for the best prime rib anywhere. Really. I have lived up and down the east coast no where does prime rib like this place. I grew up on Deer Isle, Maine and have moved back to Maine, and every time I come home to Deer Isle I get my fill of amazing prime rib!

Visiting Deer Isle/Stonington or the area? Stop being such a tourist and eat like a local and go to this place.

• Visited July 2014