“Best meal of our trip”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a great restaurant. We stayed at the inn where the tavern is located so we ate here a few times. Each meal was very special. The atmosphere is great as well.

There are newer reviews for Whale's Rib Tavern

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Good selection, good presentation and really good food. Menus are new each Tuesday. When they run out of any entree, it's not on the next days menu. Good and fresh tasting fish.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Whales Rib is classy but also it is a very relaxing atmosphere. The building itself is comfortable, with the open -ceiling barn in the dining room and, quaint barroom. Whether you are there for the first time or for the twentieth, you're sure to feel the same...welcome.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The rustic atmosphere was nice with candles on the table; but the food was only average.

My wife and I were on the end run of northeast trip when my uncle took us to dinner here. We started dinner started with orders of muscles and oysters. They were much better than we get in our land-locked Midwest state. Because of the recommendation of my cousin, my wife and I both ordered the halibut. It was good, but just not much taste to it. The New England palette is so much more pastel than what I am accustom to.

Service was very good - our waitress kept up with our table quite well.

All in all it was okay. I would not go out of my way to eat here; but I might eat here if I was close.

1  Thank LarAndGin
Reviewed October 6, 2013

While staying at the Pilgrim's Inn, we had a reservation for late Sunday. It was packed! I found the food and wine selection was very good. It looks like it's a local fave, so if you're planning on going, definitly book ahead!

2  Thank Moll Y