“My third time back to Sahaja&Sawah like return to home”

Sahaja Sawah Resort
Reviewed March 12, 2013

it is my third time back to Sahaja&Sawah. Obviously it becomes my vocational home.

when i review the comments of some guests, i understand they may complain about the location or the lack of stock of food, however i want to point out this will not effect you to have a peaceful feeling and vocational mood. in fact, the location makes you far away from the tourism and noise, the helpful and smiling staffs make you feel home and relax, and you can joke with them for fun.

when i stay in sahaja, i don't feel like in a hotel but my private vocational home. it is so secure and safe that i never lock my villa door. when you are staying in the villa, it is so private, quiet and close to the nature. the swimming pool is clean, good tempreture and connected with the living room. the entrance is beautiful and deligate.

the manager josephine is a very helpful and warm lady. you can feel free to ask anything if they can offer. i am big fan of mangi fruit and they even went to buy it and brought to me. also for some special meal which are not on the menu, they can also prepare for you.

in sajaja i feel i m the owner other than pure guest. i think this is what you want when you want to spend a relaxing vocation time with friends, your lover or your family.

next time when i am back to bali, i will definately choose sahaja again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Diana L
Josephine S, Manager at Sahaja Sawah Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Ms. Lee,

Many thanks for your review and for having chosen Sahaja Sawah for your recent visit to our beautiful destination of Bali. We were pleased to learn of your enjoyable stay at Sahaja Sawah Villa Retreat & Spa.

Our team is truly delighted to read your comments, as our endeavor as a team here, is to consistently present nothing less than an unforgettable and unique experience to all our valued guests.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sahaja Sawah Villa Retreat & Spa soon.

With kind regards,
Josephine

There are newer reviews for Sahaja Sawah Resort

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Well this resort sounds spectacular, the photos look great but the reality is that everything isn't as it seems. We arrived very late and the driver picked us up at the airport - so far so good. It took nearly 2 hours to reach the resort and the last 20 minutes was over a road so rough that I thought my head would fall off!! We paid extra to be upgraded to a private villa with our own pool. These villas are typically Balinese with the main area open but the bedrooms are enclosed (so we thought) and airconditioned. When we turned the A/C down as low as it could go and it still didn't get cool, we asked forit to be looked at. We were advised that while the room appeared to be enclosed there was actually a gap between the rook and the walls - so the hot air still came in and the A/C struggled to keep everything cool. An open air bathroom sounds ideal but the reality is then when the sun comes it it gets very hot!! To cap it off the bed was a hard as a board.

The first couple of days we enjoyed the food, the massages and the isoloation but there is only so much you can do so when you want to go anywhere you have to hire a car and driver - the resort does not provide one. This can get a bit expensive. The final crunch came when we went to breakfast on our fourth day (of an 8 day stay) and they had run out of bacon. Who runs out of bacon in a hotel! We compromised with ham. At lunch time we decided to order a burger and club sandwich and were told that unfortunately they had no fresh bread. It was at this point that my husband became quite angry and decided that we were going to leave today
While the staff were as helpful as they could be when it all boils down to it, management needs to run a better esablishment.

Room Tip: Make sure you only stay for 3 days at the most. While a villa sounds idyllic, the townhouses would p...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MBond55
Josephine S, Manager at Sahaja Sawah Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Mrs. Bond,
Many thanks for your feedback and for having chosen Sahaja Sawah for your recent visit to our beautiful destination of Bali. We value your comments and appreciate the time you dedicate to presenting them. As management of Sahaja Sawah Villa retreat & Spa, it is of sincere concern to us that you've voiced how your expectations were not meet on this occasion, as our endeavor as a team here, is to consistently present nothing less than an unforgettable and unique experience to all our valued guests.
I regret any inconvenience this has caused you and have noted your concerns for future review.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Let's agree that the villa is quite nice : helpful staff, cleaniness, food, massage & swimming pool are great. The staff and agent also proved they could be very supportive in terms of flexibility. There is everything you need in the rooms and nice decoration.

BUT the villa is so far away from anywhere, whatever Tanah Lot (nearest city) and Kuta/Seminiak - the closest cities from the airport. It takes two hours to get there, even the villa kindly arranges the transportation for 25$. And take into account that the road is extremely bumpy in the last 10 km. You can rent a motorbike from the villa @10$ / day but i's doubled price than normal scooter. Around the villa you can enjoy nice sunset, beach (15min by driving but you cannot swim as it's too rocky) and rice paddies views. Don't forget your mosquito lotion on the evening :)

In a nutshell : perfect for couple time if you want some slow and quiet place. For party & fun, better stay in Kuta/Seminiak.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jbthetraveller
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Got to know about the villa via Groupon and was attracted by its location. In contrary to popular tourist locations within Bali, the villa is nestled away from the city bustle, right in the middle of rice paddy fields.

The ride from airport to the villa took us 2 hours. As we left the city behind and ventured into the the little towns and villages, the ride opened up to beautiful scenic views of terrace paddy fields against the blue cloudless sky. Though the ride was bumpy at certain parts, it was manageable.

Arriving at the villa, we were welcomed by their friendly staff. The villa we stayed was a Sahaja Villa with a private pool. The living room area overlooked the paddy fields and one could catch the beautiful sunrise and do some amazing star gazing on a clear night. There were 2 bedrooms that could accommodate 4 people. A kitchen was available with cutlery and utensils for simple cooking. Drinking water is available. Unfortunately the fridge wasn't working well. Movie theatre system was available, and you could borrow some pretty decent movies from the reception area.

I must say the food available from the menu (there's only 1 restaurant available) was pretty good and value for money. It offers western and Asian cuisine, and there's a wine list available. We tried the pasta marinara, nasi goreng and gado gado and their local wine. Wine was IDR 290,000 while the food came up to IDR 210,000. This is for 2 pax.

There's massage available at the villa as well.

As I was there for 3D 2N, first day was spent at the villa, enjoying its facilities. For the second day, we booked the Bali Eco Cycling tour which kicks off from Ubud. The hotel manager took the initiative to check with the tour company and shared we could meet the tour rep directly at Kintamani instead. In order to get there, we engaged the driver (IDR 600,000) to bring us to Kintamani (2.5 hours drive) and around Ubud area after the tour.

Overall my partner and I enjoyed our 3D 2N stay, we concluded 4D3N would have been less rushed. If you like some quietness, check out this villa for its location and friendly personnel.

Room Tip: I got a Sahaja villa with private pool, there's apartments available as well. But I prefer mine...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I came here at end of a 4 week Bali trip and wished I had stayed more than 4 days as it finally made my dreams come true. I wanted quietness and beautiful views and private pool and all got it for a very good price in this hotel, plus the kindest hotel personell you will ever find anywhere. It is located in the village Tegal Mengkeb Kaja, at other side of a gorge that seperates the village from hotel. Nothing is visible of village from hotel, just rice terraces and people wortking on them and the jungle to the left. Not many sounds either, finally. Just crickets and frogs and sometimes roosters but nothing disturbing and from my favourite villa, Indah 3 I heard mainly the river below. In private villas I had heard dogs, roosters, crickets, and other animals in a way that ruined my peace, as I am extremely sensitive, so this hotel was a great delight.
Villas have good airco in bedrooms, none in living room. I took a swim in pool when it became a little too warm for me but the great thing of Villa Indah 3 was that also from cool bedroom I had a great view while reading a book.. Good TV with DVD and CD player. A few good movie channels (HBO) . Indah 3 has a great interior as it is owned by a man who loves Buddhas.
All villas have a different interior as they are all owned by someone. Sahaja 6 is farthest from reception and has best rice terrace view.
Hotel is VERY remote, over 2 hours from airport, 1 1/2 from Ubud, 50 minutes from Tanah Lot, 25 minute walk to village, 40 to beach (2 km), but sea is rough, not good for swimming and in Kuta a Russian drowned in this rough sea. Food is marvelous, one makes a choice from extensive breakfast menu and gets it in villa as the restaurant is too small for a buffet. Lunch and dinner can be had at any time till 10 PM. I paid always around 200.000 for a 3 course meal with a fruit juice (wine is very expensive on Bali) and if one stays a week one can have a different meal every day. Some nice view from restaurant that is partly open, partly roofed. In reception is a small DVD collection and litttle shop with drinks, some snacks, toiletries like tooth paste, Durex, cream, sigarettes, and souvenirs of which mainly Buddhas. If one needs more, take it yourselves. Villas have a good kitchen and big fridge/freezer. The whole place is perfect as a getaway/hideaway, for romantics. Not sure if children will love it for long. No telephone in villas/rooms, so one needs to call through own mobile to reception but a walk is very nice.
Roger, the Indian manager from Malaysia was the kindest manager of my life. He will be succeeded by Josephine, Indonesian experienced nice lady who was being trained from my day of arrival. All other personell were all smiles as well. Breakfast was brought very punctual at agreed time, After that I put the trays outside myself so they don't need to disturb you when picking it up again. Laundry was cheap (45.000 for a set of clothes) and fast and beautifully packed with flower petals on top..
It is great to step out of hotel and immediately have this walk with great views of terrace ricefields and people working on them, the "real Bali" a far cry from the noise and horrorr of Kuta. I think it is a perfect honeymoon hotel. There's a spa in the villa next to Indah 3 (to the left) but I did not use it. There are also cooking lessons. This hotel is the main reason why I will surely return to Bali as it is my favourite spot on Bali now. A real treat and retreat for people who don't need any nightlife nearby. Paradise on earth DOES exist, HERE!!
There are 3 dufferet accomodations: duoplexy aparmets in fromnt iof big infinty pool, Sahaja Villas with 2 bedrooms and big private pool in front iof ricefiuelkds and Indah villas opposite a gorge, of which I only like Indah 3. Indah 1 and 2 did not appeal to me a lot, although Indah 1 stands alone (like all 6 Sahaja Villas), whereas Indah 2 and 3 are in one building. To the right of Indah 1 is the 3 room Sahaja Villa, with a room at lowest level of hotel, close to river. Their pool is not strictly private as it can be seen partly from balconies of Indah 2 and 3 .
When I stayed the hotel was mostly empty. They said it was full for New Year's Eve and good occupancy in school holidays, August, September, December. I hope for these nice people that tourists will find this paradise hotel and book it. Best through Hotel's own website, as it was cheaper than at Agoda.com but that gets a high commission.

Room Tip: For me the best was Villa Indah 3, as it is cosiest, nice interior, balconies overlooking a gorge wi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank dutchguy
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We came to the resort on Christmas Day with 4 adults and 2 children. We shared a 3-room villa which was large and comfortable for all of us. We all slept well and left after 2 nights feeling totally relaxed. Right from the beginning Roger, the manager, made us feel welcome and the staff were full of smiles all the time we were there. The pool was great and there was great walking on the roads leading to the resort. You can also use the resort bicycles if you want. There are no eating options other than the hotel (good food and not unreasonably priced) so bring some extras with you for snacks.

The setting is gorgeous amid rural rice patties with the beach a 30 minute walk (they're happy to drive you down) away and you have it all to yourself. The waves are harsh so it's not for swimming but the beach is a black sand and the area is very picturesque. To get to it you walk past a couple of villages with smiles and friendly "hellos" all around.

The beauty of the place is also the negative. It takes awhile to get there, there aren't other businesses around, and at check-out the credit card processing was down so I needed to pay cash. Still, the remoteness lets you forget Kuta and see the real Bali!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Stan K
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Booked a villa earlier this year for a short getaway with my fiancee and my friends and we were not disappointed.

The villas were nestled in a remote part of Bali away from the city . The surroundings around the resort were somewhat out of a Rudyard Kipling novel . Pristine Padi Fields, farmers carrying huge bales of unprocessed rice plants and buffaloes grazing on grass. Quiet and untouched .

Walking down the small roads leading to the padi fields were one of the pleasant and memorable moments of the trip for an urbanite like me .

To top all of that off , the resort's team of staff have shown us outstanding hospitality.

Initially we had difficulties finding an airport transfer to the resort and voiced it out to the resort staff. However, we were pleasantly greeted by the resort's staff that picked us up from the airport which was a pleasant surprise! When we reached the resort we were greeted warmly by the staff and given cold towels to freshen us up!

My friend was struck down with food poisoning (most probably caused by a roadside stall meal while we were in Kuta) in the wee hours of our second day stay. The resort's manager acted promptly and activated the resort's driver to bring us to the nearest hospital in the area.

While we had to nurse our friend to health , we stayed in the resort which gave us a chance to sample the what the resort's kitchen could offer. The resort food was extraordinary , ranging from your normal daily indonesian food fare (i.e. Nasi Goreng, Mee Goreng) to western cruisine (ie. Ribs, cutlets )!

I will remember very fondly of the resort and staff which made our stay a very memorable and eventful one . Thanks Sahaja & Sawah :-)

* Point to note, the Resort is very very far away from the island centre. It took us average about 3 hours to reach the cities. Please plan ahead if you would want to do some sightseeing or shopping in Kuta or the other major towns.

It is good to stop at a supermart along the way to get your daily necessities and snacks before heading to the resort.

Room Tip: Almost all the rooms in the resort have awesome views.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 13 in Tabanan
Gajah Mina Beach Resort
Gajah Mina Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Selemadeg

Been to Sahaja Sawah Resort? Share your experiences!