Sahaja Sawah Resort
  • Pool
Istana Balian(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
$43
  • Breakfast included
Gajah Mina Beach Resort(Selemadeg)(Great Value!)
$38
De Moksha Boutique Resort(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
$78
Natya Hotel Tanah Lot(Tabanan)(Great Value!)
$38
$19
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrice fieldsreal balisahaja sawahprivate poolin housebedroom villablack sandlovely placestaff were fantasticlocal villageday tripthank you very muchnasi gorengseafoodhome away from homea wonderful staysleep quality
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We just spent 7 nights at the Sahaja and Sawah villas, when we arrived we thought we had arrived in heaven. The townhouse was just beautiful extremely clean and with wonderful views.
The restaraunt serves good food at reasonable prices which you can have in your room or anywhere really in the grounds. Be mindful that the only alcohol is beer or wine so be sure to bring your duty free.
When I first arrived I was concerned that maybe one week was too long to stay somewhere so remote! How wrong I was. For the first couple of days we relaxed by the pool, had spa treatments good choice, massages, body wraps and facials all at very reasonable prices.
We took daily early morning walks around the villages, every single person says hello, the scenery was spectacular. One day we hired a driver we went to Tanah lot, then to the volcano, stopped at a coffee plantation and then onto Ubud for shopping, then of course we were ready to relax again.
We decided to take a cooking class at the hotel, we made beautiful Indonesian food which we then sat down and enjoyed, the staff were all so helpful.
Another evening we had a seafood BBQ which was just beautiful.
We were lucky enough to be here on independence day, the staff at the hotel drove us to the local gathering place where we watched all the village children take part in races, it was amazing to watch.
The staff could not go out of their way to look after us.
So in summary a week was not long enough, I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views but block B would probably be the best for views
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Sahaja & Sawah was one of the three establishments that I stayed at during this trip to Bali. It was everything and more that I hoped for. Nestled amongst lush greens and miles of emerald green paddy fields, Sahaja & Sawah is the perfect place to experience Bali as opposed to the commercialized Denpasar, central Ubud and Jimbaran. I was rather worried having read that the roads leading to Sahaja & Sawah are very bumpy however, surprisingly it was not as bad as I had imagined. The beach nearby and the local villages were the cherry (in this case, more like generous servings of cherries!) on top. The locals were very friendly whilst the walk to the beach from the property was just an endless stretch of amazing and breathtaking landscapes...it was as if I was just walking from a painting to another.

Booking
- Made it online via Agoda.
- Emailed the establishment to arrange transfer and the reply was prompt and polite.

Property
- Located in the middle of paddy fields. Absolutely gorgeous natural landscape.
- The ground were well kept and beautiful as well.
- The infinity pool was large and lovely
- The restaurant chefs definitely whipped up tasty dishes all the time!
- The spa treatment was just fabulous!

Villa
- The villa was spacious and clean. Housekeeping even mopped the floor daily!
- Bedrooms had victorian furniture (very cute!)
- Kitchen was very well equipped...do buy some groceries on your way here if you would like to cook.

Service/ Staff
- Unlike the Intercontinental in Jimbaran that just had the worst service ever, Sahaja & Sawah exemplified the perfect service. In fact, it felt more like a part of the Sahaja & Sawah family!
- My mom tripped and fell as we were walking around the villages earlier in the evening...and even though it was around 10:30pm, the staff Theja and Ayu went to buy some medicine for her. - They were extremely kind and helpful, and definitely sincere. Words cannot describe the level of service that this establishment offers. Without a doubt their service easily rivals or exceeds 5-star and 6-star establishments.

I look forward to returning again to this little piece of heaven.

Room Tip: Probably the private villas are better.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Caroline SL T
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I met this villa through Groupon promotion. This has been my 3rd time to Bali but my mom's first time, so I prefer somewhere quiet but superior. Sahaja & Sawah didn't let me down! It did took appoximately 2 hours drive from Denpasar airport but it's truly worth it! Especially for those looking for a place to find your inner peace or compeletly relax your soul! Our driver Dewa is a super nice local villager who is very patient and friendly and helpful, who gained my trust and dependence right on the way! Villa rooms are spacious and very very tidy and clean, suitable for families. Privacy is first-class too that I could even stand on the 2nd floor bacony naked while enjoying the vast rice-terrace view. Wide range of food choice from local to international. Massage is good too. And I just LOVE the edgeless swimming pool! In the night you can just lie down on the sling chair and enjoy the clear sky with the galaxy right in front of your eyes!

Room Tip: simply every villa & suite is worth of money
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

i bought a Groupon voucher and decided to give this place a try after reading the reviews on it. Turned out pretty good.

Goodstuff:

- Peaceful environment - When we visited, we were the only guests in the resort so we practically had the whole place to ourselves. #win

- Nice scenery - indeed the surroundings of the resort (and the resort itself) is breathtaking and is built on a vast land of Padi fields. I took the resort bicycle for a spin around the nearby village and found the locals VERY hospitable and friendly. Wave to everyone and everyone waves back at u with a warm smile.

Badstuff:

- Too far from civilisation - Visit this place ONLY if u REALLY want a peaceful getaway from all the hustle and bustle of the Kuta/ Seminyak city. The road out is far and u need to pay quite an amount to the resort driver to chauffeur u out. (there are no other means of transportation out)

- The resort Bicycles were old and uncomfortable. My butt hurt after my cycle to the village. Heh.

- The "nearby" Beach is a pretty darn far ride out from where the resort is situated. I was expecting the beach to be within walking distance but u actually take about... 40 minutes to walk there. It's tiring. ALSO, the straight road down the beach leads u to a seaside that is somewhat unkept and indecent for a nice chillout. Instead, Explore the narrow turning into Ketapang beach where the other private villas and resorts are. The roads leading to the villas are restricted BUT if u explore and ask the locals, u will find a small unpaved passageway down the hill that leads u to a much cleaner and relaxing beach (the villas and resorts use this beach). I was alone the whole time during this exploration so it was very exhilarating for me to come across this find. Oh. and say hi to the cows along the way down the beach. i had 3 staring straight at me the whole time. Was a little worried they were gonna charge. Alas, they did not.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jaemyc
Reviewed August 6, 2012

From the beginning of our contact, the email conversation with Roger, the Manager, was extremely helpful. Whenever I needed a map, or wanted some other info, he always replied immediately. When we wanted to leave Java earlier, and hoped to be able to change our booking to an earlier date, he also answered at once, and let us know we could come immediately and even arranged a driver who picked us up at Pekutatan for free, as our rental car was not available yet. On arrival, not only the welcome drink, fresh towels, but also a free upgrade to the two bedroom Sahaja pool villa, what a great suprise! Later the staff showed us all the room types, and the 2 and 3 bedroom townhouses near the large pool are also very nice.
Our Sahaja villa has gorgeous view over the ricefields and to the sea. The staff can take you for free to the village and to the beach. We went there every afternoon to see the magnificent sunset on a deserted, magical beach! And on arrival at the resort, always the smiling service of the staff, waiting with fresh towels to clean your feet.
This is really an unspoilt part of Bali, go there if you like quietness, extremely friendly service, very good food and authentic Balinese ambiance.
We also had a massage there, which was very good. The location is quite remote, so we always had our lunch and dinner there, but as the menu was extended and the food was excellent, it was just fine for us.
Roger and your staff, thanks again for all your help, you made our stay unforgettable, and we hope to come back once!

Room Tip: Sahaja two bedroom pool villa has excellent views on ricefields and the sea. But also 2 and 3 bedroom townhourses (Sawah) near the main pool are very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family