“Food is the thing here”
Review of Van Lloyd's Bistro

Van Lloyd's Bistro
Ranked #19 of 32 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2014

It's a tiny place, in the parking lot behind Main Street, close quarters unless you get the "Snug" if you're lucky, and have a largish party. The food is fantastic, I had the scallops with spaghetti squash, my partner had the house-made sausage with kale. I was glad we ordered an appetizer (goat cheese and humus with pita bread), because the portions are relatively small. OK with me, as we had room for a desert, split a huge, amazing piece of Chocolate cake, but we have to go back to try the other items. They had some good wines. The word will get out on this place, so you'll have to make reservations.

There are newer reviews for Van Lloyd's Bistro

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This darling Bistro came to our attention when walking back to our car parked in the parking lot behind Main Street in Damaroscotta. We decided to give it a try for lunch. Once in the door we were swept away by how charming it was. The waiter, a family member was attentive, had personality,and knew everything about the food.
He served us water with fresh mint. ( a nice touch ) We ordered the cranberry salad served with pumpkin seeds and blue cheese along with the spinach pie. FIVE STAR's *****. This sweet place has a theatrical feel to it. I can't wait to try dinner.
The ceiling lights were made by the waiters father. Their stunning ! Don't miss this hidden gem.
It's small and intimate.
Did I mention it is easy to park and it overlooks the river to take a stroll after you eat.
We didn't have dessert, but I can only imagine.
I loved it !!!