“Good Food, Good Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Damariscotta River Grill

Damariscotta River Grill
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brewster, Massachusetts
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

Stopped in for lunch, service was friendly, quick in getting the food out and overall tasty. Had the Maine crab melt, generous amount of crab, pefect crisp buttered bread, topped with cheese, tomato and bacon how can you go wrong here. Side of waldorff salad was perfect and both were seasoned well. Only downer was the clam chowder, I have to check it out no matter where I eat. It was over powered by the smoked bacon, too many potatoes, a bit thin, lack of clams and seasoning was off as well, too bad. That shouldn't scare you away though everything else was perfect!

Baltimore, MD
“Liked it so much, went back the next day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

I had visited Damariscotta River Grill last year with friends and remembered enjoying it immensely. This year, I returned with family. We were staying in Boothbay Harbor and ventured out to Damariscotta for a change of scenery. Having lunch at the Grill was a good decision. The clam chowder was incredible! I believe they used fresh tarragon; it was prominent but not overwhelmning. My lobster salad was delicious and even though they ran out of the citrus dressing that went with the dish, the substitution of their Asian dressing turned out to be a nice surprise. I sampled desserts that my family ordered--the blueberry cobbler and the double chocolate cake. Both were wonderful. Our server was very nice and accommodated our table's special requests with a smile. The next day, we unianimously decided to return for lunch. This time, I tried their mushroom asiago soup. Deee-lish! For my entree, I ordered the lobster cakes--a daring order for me, especially since I really wanted the lobster salad again, this time with the citrus dressing. The cakes were quite small. I doubt if even a half a lobster was used to make both cakes. But the creamed corn and side dish (I chose couscous salad) were excellent. Our server was very nice and attentive. All in all, a worthwhile return visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious gourmet food, Wonderful service and Chic Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

This place was awesome! Found it after reading a few reviews of dinner spots in Damariscotta - and what luck! The food was absolutely delicious - we ordered two appetizers, four entrees and two desserts. The meals were carefully created with fresh, local ingredients and they looked so pretty! We ordered the shrimp bruschetta and mussels - both well flavored with generous servings. Then for dinner - we had the lobster risotto which was absolutely fantastic! It was a rich dish with lobster meat served over risotto prepared with fontina cheese and fresh vegetables. We also ordered the scallops served with a pecan rice cake, the duck, and the chicken. The dishes were all delicious and really surprising for a small town in Maine. For dessert, we ordered two blueberry cobblers. Compared with what we'd ordered before - the portions were a little smaller than we expected but it was fresh, tasty and very refreshing. Overall the meal was absolutely delicious and a good value! Definitely stop into this restaurant if you're in Damariscotta and you'll be in for a treat!

North Carolina
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2008

We had a wonderful meal at the Damariscotta River Grill in May. The Maine Shrimp Bruschetta was amazing. The service was fast as it was late and we still had a long drive to New Castle, NH. The waitress was friendly and made every effort to make things move smoothly and quickly. I can't wait to go back to Maine to have the shrimp bruschetta and try some other delicious things a the DRG. The restaurant is nicely decorated and the atmosphere is lively.

Sarasota
“Good food, great service, good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2007

My wife and I have lived in this area for over thirty years and remember when this restaurant used to be the local family hardware store, the owners do a very good job here, food and service are top notch, fair prices varied menu, good atmosphere. very convenient location, really no view but who needs view when you have atmosphere and good food and good wine selection. I would not hesitate to say this is one of the better restaurants on the Maine Coast, next to Primo in Rockland. Try their other restaurant in Round Pond Maine, that has the views of the water as well.

3 Thank richannc