“Lovely Evening”

Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Evening”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Our evening at the Damariscotta River Grill was very relaxing and enjoyable. The service was excellent and our waitress was very skilled while adding a charming personal touch to the dining experience. All of the food was very good although for the price, we felt that the portions should have been either a little bigger or included more of the highlighted features. I had the "Thai Seafood Stew" which was very tasty but only included 2 shrimp out of the list of fish from the description on the menu. My impression of what should be included in a "stew," that amount was very disappointing.

Overall, a great experience!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Suzhart

Morristown
“Always a great meal”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I love this restaurant! As I go to Damariscotta frequently, I am always looking for good restaurants. This one is consistently awesome. I love the barbecued shrimp appetizer and their daily specials are always good. The wine list is extensive with lots of reasonable choices. I make a point of a meal at the Grill when I am in town!

• Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent indeed”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, super friendly staff, wildly delicious dinners and desert- chocolate torte and blueberry sage sorbet. Reasonably priced. Fantastic blueberry soda.

Durham, New Hampshire
“Reliable, tasty, locally sourced with great wine list”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This summer finds us relying on the River Grill for reliably yummy food before or after arts events like the theater across the street. Sharon's wine list is as good as usual, with Riedel wine glasses enhancing the experience. Staff knows their jobs and will get you out the door if your time is limited. Try the thinly sliced steak salad.

• Visited June 2014
Reisterstown
“Pleasurable Meal”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We had a pleasurable meal at the Damariscotta River Grill. We were seated upstairs, by request. It was a bit noisy, but expected because the restaurant was very busy. Our waiter, Ryan, was very polite and very attentive. I had the salmon with rice and a touch of pickles which was delicious. My wife had the Paella which was very tasty. Our 1 son and daughter had the pasta with vegetables which they said was very good. The other son had the salad with steak which was excellent. Our son's friend had lobster ravioli which was excellent, as well. We all enjoyed our meal.

• Visited August 2014