“Don't miss a great opportunity!”

Damariscotta River Grill
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2011

n the wonderful town of Damariscotta, is the terrific Damariscotta River Grill. Not only do they exhibit wonderful local artwork, they have wonderful food and pleasnat staff.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

We loved this place! You can taste the care and attention that goes into each dish. I loved the food, the ambiance and the service. Our waitress was knowlegeable and attentive. I highly recommend the Thai Coconut Curry Fish Stew. It was one of the best dishes I've eaten anywhere. We can't wait for a return visit!

1  Thank newmainer
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is my second visit to Damariscotta River Grill, and my daughter and I had a delicious lunch with a really good bottle of rose. This restaurant is famous for its wine list. We sat at a table in the window at the front of the restaurant, and it was fun to people watch. Highly recommend Damariscotta River Grill.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stopped for lunch a Sunday and were offered a table upstairs. We ordered the "Thai fish stew," a splendid, tasteful variation on the classic chowder, with a glass of good house wine each. Great buys!
The place looks pleasantly authentic and visually restful. But perhaps because it was Sunday, the ambient noise was high. A big loud table not far from us drowned our conversation and we resumed talking normally only when they left.
If you have hearing problems as I do, judge the noise level before seating down! However the cuisine is so good that you should take the punishment and stay.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

This restaurant never has failed to please. The food, the knowledgable waitstaff, the wine list and the decor keep bringing us back there. Their entree salads are my favorite choices, but sometimes I branch out and have other things which are equally well prepared and interesting. They always get the fish right, never dry, always tasty, never smothered in overwhelming sauces. There are plenty of good choices of wines that are reasonably priced. Tables are well spaced and the comfortable chairs encourage leisurely dining.