“Nice waitress, pushy manager(or owner), mediorcre food”

King Eider's Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Come and visit us at King Eider's Pub in the heart of the coastal village of Damariscotta Maine. Our historic building has been home to many interesting businesses over its 100+ years. Today, its warmth draws the visitor into the first floor pub with its brick walls, handsome cherry floors and low beams hung with old iron hooks holding handmade mugs. Step upstairs to our warm and very comfortable dining room and peruse a “wine lovers” wine list. Our oyster bar is aptly named for the local Damariscotta River oysters that are served here in the intimate little bar and those oysters will quite literally spoil you for any other – anywhere! Our extensive menu and daily offerings of native seafood, steaks, cuts from our butcher and fresh produce will provide you with just the right pairing. Home of New England’s Finest Crab Cakes And Everything a Pub should be
Reviewed November 4, 2009

I had been to this restaurant years ago and maybe its a sign of the times or just an owner trying to maximize profits, but the food has gone downhill. I remember fresher, firmer, definately hotter food. I went twice during my visit and neither time was I served a meal worth the price.
The atmosphere is nicer than most restaurants in the area, too bad it is tucked down a side street. With the exception of no view it is an enjoyable restaurant to sit in.
While my waitress was nice and polite, she definately needed more training She probably could have gotten us to have another round of drinks and maybe another appetizer if she had been on her toes. That being said, even though we ate a late lunch and the restaurant was not even at half capacity, the manager/hostess(or owner) was visibly pushing the waitstaff to hurry people out of the restaurant. This is not New York or Boston, we are here to get away from being rushed, not to jump back into it. If I want to be rushed I wouldn't have bought a cottage in this area I would have gone to Disney.
The kitchen staff was loud when we were there. I think they were forgetting that there were customers in the restaurant, but the manager/hostess should have moved to quiet them down immediately. After all, this is not a diner.
Fortunately we have more choices and will go there instead.

2  Thank wawwie

Reviewed September 6, 2009

I had the BBQ oysters and a Manhattan cocktail. Both were awesome, this place was pretty cool. People were nice too.

1  Thank kingfishtown
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Nice to find a restaurant that takes food seriously in this area. Very good seafood, reasoanbly priced wine.

Reviewed August 15, 2009

Definitely ask to eat in bar if sent upstairs. We had good clam chowder. The homemade ravioli stuffed with lobster, shrimp, and scallops in white cream sauce was very good. Drink the local brew. Crabcakes were also good.

Reviewed November 23, 2008

We had a GC for dinner at this place and decided to try it last Saturday. We arrived fairly early and were greeted by a nice woman who offered us the pub or upstairs. We decided upstairs. A man, I assume the owner/manager took us upstairs and offered us a choice in the diningroom or a single table in the bar area. We opted for the bar area as it was private and quiet. The table and room were great, the food was to die for, however, our waitress left a lot to be desired - not! For this reason, I would find it hard to make the trek from Brunswick to Damariscotta to eat here. I generally don't have an issue traveling for food that we believe to be exceptional, but honestly, this particular waitress spoiled what would otherwise have been a great experience and in the end she tossed the check book at us without so much as a thank you come again, but more like geesh, that meal only cost you $5 you got a great deal. However, what she failed to realize is the GC still cost money so I'm not sure what the deal was, the rest. got their money. In this economy, a little kindness will make repeat business. In my book that spells success in these difficult times.

2  Thank MsGMaine