“Cozy bar-great place to eat”

King Eider's Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Come and visit us at King Eider's Pub in the heart of the coastal village of Damariscotta Maine. Our historic building has been home to many interesting businesses over its 100+ years. Today, its warmth draws the visitor into the first floor pub with its brick walls, handsome cherry floors and low beams hung with old iron hooks holding handmade mugs. Step upstairs to our warm and very comfortable dining room and peruse a “wine lovers” wine list. Our oyster bar is aptly named for the local Damariscotta River oysters that are served here in the intimate little bar and those oysters will quite literally spoil you for any other – anywhere! Our extensive menu and daily offerings of native seafood, steaks, cuts from our butcher and fresh produce will provide you with just the right pairing. Home of New England’s Finest Crab Cakes And Everything a Pub should be
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Definitely ask to eat in bar if sent upstairs. We had good clam chowder. The homemade ravioli stuffed with lobster, shrimp, and scallops in white cream sauce was very good. Drink the local brew. Crabcakes were also good.

Reviewed November 23, 2008

We had a GC for dinner at this place and decided to try it last Saturday. We arrived fairly early and were greeted by a nice woman who offered us the pub or upstairs. We decided upstairs. A man, I assume the owner/manager took us upstairs and offered us a choice in the diningroom or a single table in the bar area. We opted for the bar area as it was private and quiet. The table and room were great, the food was to die for, however, our waitress left a lot to be desired - not! For this reason, I would find it hard to make the trek from Brunswick to Damariscotta to eat here. I generally don't have an issue traveling for food that we believe to be exceptional, but honestly, this particular waitress spoiled what would otherwise have been a great experience and in the end she tossed the check book at us without so much as a thank you come again, but more like geesh, that meal only cost you $5 you got a great deal. However, what she failed to realize is the GC still cost money so I'm not sure what the deal was, the rest. got their money. In this economy, a little kindness will make repeat business. In my book that spells success in these difficult times.

2  Thank MsGMaine
Reviewed September 12, 2008

Second time I've had a road trip dinner stop here. Great Atmosphere. Try the local Pemiquid Ale - fantastic. Although we had no reservations, we were seated promptly and had a great meal. The restaurant was full and people were waiting for tables but we never felt rushed and the food my party ordered(nachos/fish sandwich/burger) was really good.

2  Thank ktcNme
Reviewed August 20, 2008

I was at this restaurant twice, some years ago and brought my friends there, last week.

We started off well, the restaurant is attractive and comfortable. The waitress was prompt and courteous, but the entire time we were there there was a woman who was obviously in charge stalking the restaurant and staring at customers. We were on vacation and this is a vacation town, I don't think its appropriate to stalk around in an obvious attempt to rush people. I saw her cut off a group of people that were on the patio/deck, they were by no means inebriated, she just wanted to free up two tables.

The food was okay, for the most part, but the crab cakes have gone downhill. I definitely rember the food being better. I was shocked when I passed kitchen door and saw a waitstaff person eating out of a customers plate before it was brought to the table.

3  Thank WanderingFloyd
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 15, 2007

Oysters and Guinness for lunch.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook