“local favorite”

Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Come and visit us at King Eider's Pub in the heart of the coastal village of Damariscotta Maine. Our historic building has been home to many interesting businesses over its 100+ years. Today, its warmth draws the visitor into the first floor pub with its brick walls, handsome cherry floors and low beams hung with old iron hooks holding handmade mugs. Step upstairs to our warm and very comfortable dining room and peruse a “wine lovers” wine list. Our oyster bar is aptly named for the local Damariscotta River oysters that are served here in the intimate little bar and those oysters will quite literally spoil you for any other – anywhere! Our extensive menu and daily offerings of native seafood, steaks, cuts from our butcher and fresh produce will provide you with just the right pairing. Home of New England’s Finest Crab Cakes And Everything a Pub should be
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I came here for lunch with a friend that lives in Damariscotta. We had a delicious lunch of mussels and a crab sandwich. Super service, excellent food, and great atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for King Eider's Pub and Restaurant

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Met up with family while visiting and this was their choice. Have been to Damariscotta many times but this was our first time here. It was packed but service was pleasant and unhurried and the food was delicious. Hubby had a lobster - one of 7 on this trip and rated it highly. I had a sandwich which was perfectly grilled - not roached - cheese melted but bread did not burn and the filling was hot! It doesn't get much better or tastier than that.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were looking forward to going to King Eiders. I just don't get they hype of this place. It was a warm day so I was looking forward to a crisp salad. I ordered the Caesar salad without chicken and the lettuce was actually soggy and warm. The french fries were fat limp and also soggy. I was so hungry, I decided to go for it. The large portly bartender guy was so loud and obnoxious we were having a difficult time hearing each other. And then to top it off, less than an hour after my meal, I threw up the Caesar salad. Needless to say, we won't be going back.

5  Thank everossman
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were in the Darimiscotta area for vacation and visited King Eider's Pub twice in July. The first day that we went, they had a special for a bowl of Lobster stew and they were nice enough to accommodate me in letting me order just a cup. The stew while good had way too many onions in it and it overtook the delicate flavor of a lobster stew. I also ordered the crabcakes (only 2 small while picture on website shows 3) and the signature salad with the blueberry vinaigrette. The signature with the homemade blueberry vinaigrette was absolutely delicious and the crabcakes were nice, but the tartar sauce needed some living up so I added some Tobasco to it and it was much better. My husband had the steak and ale pie and it also was delicious. The next time we went, I had the same without the stew and hubby had the pastrami sandwich and he preferred the steak pie over the reuben. All in all a great pub, nice atmosphere, (we ate downstairs in the pub), and good food. We saw 2 orders of their offered oysters go to our next door tables and they look wonderful and seemed to be really enjoyed by both tables, I almost had to order some! My only additional comment would be that its pricey, $80 for lunch for 2

Reviewed July 23, 2014

It was a rainy Wednesday and I was looking for a sure thing to do with visiting family. First, a trip to the famous Reny's for a great Maine shopping experience, then a little window shopping and lastly, the sure thing. Lunch at King Eider's Pub.
I regularly take visitors to the Pub and have never yet been disappointed. The pub itself is a warm and friendly place frequented by locals and tourist alike. After a short wait, we were lead to a comfortable table up stairs. A friendly waitress brought our beverages and took our order. On this particular day, everyone ordered sandwiches. Being a vegetarian, I selected my favorite, the lentil burger. As always, it was delicious. A quick check with my family, told me everyone agreed. The only problem; no room for dessert! If you are looking for a great place, try the King Eider's Pub. You won't be disappointed.