“Date night”

Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Come and visit us at King Eider's Pub in the heart of the coastal village of Damariscotta Maine. Our historic building has been home to many interesting businesses over its 100+ years. Today, its warmth draws the visitor into the first floor pub with its brick walls, handsome cherry floors and low beams hung with old iron hooks holding handmade mugs. Step upstairs to our warm and very comfortable dining room and peruse a “wine lovers” wine list. Our oyster bar is aptly named for the local Damariscotta River oysters that are served here in the intimate little bar and those oysters will quite literally spoil you for any other – anywhere! Our extensive menu and daily offerings of native seafood, steaks, cuts from our butcher and fresh produce will provide you with just the right pairing. Home of New England’s Finest Crab Cakes And Everything a Pub should be
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is one of the first place my husband took me when we met. Then we had our wedding reception there over 8 years ago... and we still have date night there almost once a week. We love the staff, the food, and the atmosphere. We always recommend it to friends and take any out of town guests when visiting. Best Pub in my book!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Fish, Fish, Fish and burgers if you want them. Upscale local place. Sit down and enjoy the food and the other patrons. Located in the center of Damariscotta. Prices are reasonable. We usually eat there once or twice each vacation. Never had any bad surprises.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I love eating downstairs in the pub area best ... in the booths. The food is excellent. The mussels are tops but watch the garlic if you can't handle a lot ... they will serve it without by request. The specials are fun and unique. Service is good. Really busy restaurant. Owner is arrogant but I guess he thinks he can, sort of doing him a favor by being a patron restaurant. You'll most likely meet him at the door.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

And, they know your name if you come often enough! Downstairs has a great pub atmosphere with beer mugs on the ceiling. The regular menu is supplemented by the offerings on the blackboard, which usually are very good. There's a "theater" menu for later night dining. I recommend the potstickers started; I often get it as an entree.
Upstairs is usually quieter unless there's a big group, like after a show.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We've been dining at King Eider's for several years, but recently we've seen a decline in quality for the price. Service is always excellent, but I was quite disappointed with my chicken pot pie (very little chicken, runny filling with frozen vegetable pieces) and my husband's sandwich was only ok and was accompanied by greasy homemade fries. I stay away from salads here after I ordered one last summer that was to have cranberries and nuts mixed in. It was served instead with big blobs of dried cranberries and nuts placed on the salad surface. Nothing special or artful. The atmosphere is still wonderful, and the selections on tap are broad and good. We'll be heading instead to the Newcastle Publick House next time we're in Damariscotta.