“Good fresh seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food and service at this restaurant is very good. I love clams and the fried clams are some of the best I have had. Others in our party had a haddock special that was delicious. The restaurant was very busy the night we were there, however our waitress was attentive and we were served our drinks quickly. Our food arrived after a short wait considering the number of diners present. My only problem was we were seated near the porch door and it was frequently left open by the servers. The cold draft was uncomfortable and we had to close the door several times as the servers did not seem to realize how uncomfortable we and other tables became when it was opened. Others got up to close the door as well as us.
All considered I would eat there again as the food is first rate.

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I hate to say this but the service has gone way down hill.The food is still great but the surprises we continue to get from the staff has gotten worse. Last time we went the waitress gave us bread with no knife so when I commented on it she said to me "we have been so busy if you can find one you can have it" I understand that it is a really busy place but really. It also seems that the waitresses station are too spread out and they are all over the place. Hope they can use this to pull it around. I miss the old Bay Haven.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Bay Haven in Cornish is the restaurant in Cornish with the line out the door on weekends. there is a good reason for that. The seafood is good and plentiful. Bring your friends. If you have to wait for a table, you will be given a red, plastic lobster which will light up when your table is ready.
If you are willing to eat on an outdoor porch, you may get seated sooner. There is take out if you want to eat it at home. The Seafood Platter is big enough to split. The fried shrimp was big enough to bring another meal home. It came with a side salad and potato choice. The beer and wine from the attached bar, The Red Claw, was the perfect addition. Yes,the placemats are paper, and there is a children's menu. The lobsters are visible in the water filled lobster tank. You can order them one or two at a time. There is prime rib on Fridays, while it lasts. We arrived at 5:45 pm and got the last parking place out back. So don't dawdle - Get There!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Love this place! Get the seafood platter and share it with a friend. You will still have enough leftovers to take home. Friendly service even though it is always busy here. Worth the wait.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

All of the food at Bay Haven is wonderful, but the clam plate is incredible. Not only are they the most delicious clams I've every had, the portion is huge. You always take food home. They also serve warm home made bread, and they don't skimp on the liquor for mixed drinks. I will warn you, there's always a line getting in at lunch and suppertime, so you would want to get there earlier.