“Often quietly excellentc”

Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Castine
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2012

despite some changes in chefs, this restaurant has had a good run of 10 or more summers featuring well above average food. Fish or lobster stew come to mind as to the appetizer crab cakes and Russian salad. Their own recipe for chocolate pudding/cake is excellent.

1  Thank David M

Reviewed August 13, 2012

While staying at the Pentagoet Inn, we were delighted to experience the culinary excellence of its chef - both in terms of the Inn's incredible complimentary breakfast and a dinner service. Neither disappointed. The food was fresh, local, and spectacular. The desserts were also a treat. My two sons split a wonderfully-prepared ribeye that they devoured. I also enjoyed the ribeye while my wife got the lobster linguini and raved about it. The restaurant at the Pentagoet Inn is a fantastic complement to an already outstanding institution. Definitely enjoy a meal while you're at the Inn!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Jack and his wife were delightful hosts. The dinner was good, but based on the reviews we read, we expected it to be more remarkable. It was good food, done well, but not the value we had anticipated. Service was rather slow as well, even though we arrived at dinner opening. Might go back again and try something else because we really enjoyed the reviews and the environment.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at the Pentagoet Inn and also had dinner there in the evening. Jack and his wife were lovely and we had a perfect stay there. The dinner in the restaurant was excellent and the staff very friendly - not to mention the nice athmosphere and decoration. I am a vegetarian and my partner had meat and we both had delicious courses. We can absolutely recommend dining in the Pentagoet Inn Restaurant.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We loved our time in Castine in no small part because of the Pentagoet Inn Restaurant. The restaurant is in a very pleasant and quiet setting just to the right of the front entrance. We were a party of four and each had a different entree; all were delivered together and perfectly prepared. We enjoyed a nice bottle of wine recommended by our server that was excellent and an amazing value to boot. I am sorry to say I fail to remember her name but Kate rings a bell. If that's wrong I apologize but in any case the service was very good. The desserts held up the high bar set by the entrees to cap off a very pleasant evening.

We loved Castine and will definitely return in the future. Now that I know about the Inn I will be sure to book rooms here as well.