“"Rustic" Park Homes with old electronics haunt this guest's stay”
Review of Point Sebago

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Casco
Point Sebago
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Casco
Vermont
“"Rustic" Park Homes with old electronics haunt this guest's stay”
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Good Weather is key to staying out and about at this resort when you otherwise could be sitting in one of the "old" or rather "rustic" Park Homes (Trailers) My sister and our families stayed in Units 514 and 515. These are "older" Park Homes and are among the group of "older units" that have "old" sterios with speakers mounted into the ceilings. The sterio parts are "old" and can't be replaced anymore. The maintenance staff said they are slowly working on taking these sterios out of the Park Homes as they are aware of the noise issue. For now in July of 2008 if you go to this resort stay away from the "older" units unless these "old" sterio systems are removed because they will keep you up all night with loud buzzing and tapping noises coming from the ceiling speakers. It's like the sound you hear coming from speakers at a concert when the band is testing their equipment getting ready for a gig. YOU CANT TURN OFF THE NOISE! It was horrible! Also, the screens in the windows and doors were ripped so we could not open the windows to get fresh air. As far as the rest of the experience at this resort, it's a fun water sport, golf, beach,entertainment kind of stay. Just make sure your under 18 year old teens know they can not drive the resort golf carts! It doesnt matter if they have a drivers license. The resort security are on the prowl day and night looking for these young offenders instead of helping the obviously understaffed but pleasant maintenance team with the burdensome task of upkeep on all of the aging units. Priorities???

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank MrsDori

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
ma
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Before booking I read the reviews and expected good location, ok service, dingy rooms and poor to moderate food.

My experience; excellant location, quite adequate service, cute cosy and clean park home, very good food reasonably well served. Had lobsters in the menu one night.

Excellant value especially with food included.
Will recommend to anyone and will go again.

A small caution: Hot water tank is very small so don't expect to take long hot showers.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lakebuff
NH
Reviewed February 16, 2008

I can't say enough about this place. I had gone here as a kid - camping with my family. It has expanded so much since the 80's. You can camp or stay in a Point Sebago or privately owned 'trailer' (many options) or actual 4 season house.
It's an 'upscale campground', so if you're not a campy or beach type of person, this may not be for you.
I describe it as a "camp" for kids as well as adults. The activity program is amazing - lots to do rain or shine. We have our collection of ribbons and it's a big competition to win a first place tshirt. I can't tell you how much fun my husband and I have had playing in tournements. There's nightly entertainment and adult only areas and shows. They have programs at night to keep the kids entertained while the parent can relax too. You can also choose to do nothing organized and just hang on the beach.
PS is budget friendly as well, there are many options to choose from.
We go with another family and this year an additional family will be coming too we've been recruiting! We have gone the same week each year - you see the same people and we've made some friends in the process :) Can't wait for the Boston vs NY rematches this summer!!
Well, I could go on and on, but you get the picture - it's a great family place.

• Liked — The beach and activity program
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank NewEnglandGirl72
Ocean County, NJ
Reviewed September 28, 2007

We were at Point Sebago Resort from Monday August 27- Friday August 31st. In our party was myself and my 2 kids, Kyle 9, Hayley 13, and my parents. The trip to Maine from the New Jersey Shore was LONG, but was worth it when I saw the sign: Maine The Way Life Should Be. I loved that! We got to the resort and found our Park home on the lake. It was really a trailer, but it was on the lake and we enjoyed the location of the "Island". It was very hard to keep the "park home" clean, due to the constant in and out of us and the kids. We never actually utilized the designated beach area, because the kids had so much fun at our campsite swimming in the lake. They actually enjoyed night swimming, when the current got somewhat stronger and there were little waves. The lake itself is large and nice, we received coupon books that entitled us to several 1 hour use of kayaks, canoes and paddleboats. The kids enjoyed meeting other kids (lots of kids at this resort!) and making friends w/ kids on either side of our park home. They enjoyed kids bingo at 4:00 every day where if you win bingo, you win a coupon for a free ice cream cone. My son liked the kids club, and participated in it several times, my daughter enjoyed the teen activities, during which she won the "Teen Idol" contest and won a very nice Point Sebago tshirt that says "I Won It". They have a happy hour from 3-5pm (I think) during which they serve cheese and vegetables, they have entertainment and some of the house drinks are 1/2 price. My parents went to the comedy show, which was an extra charge, but said the performers were mediocre at best. They had some theater shows for the children, I witnessed the Jungle Book and it was cute and both my kids enjoyed it. The activities staff does alot, but they are young, and not super professional, but the kids had a great time w/ them. The customer service at the resort, especially in the restaurant area is obviously lacking, but now and then you have to remind yourself that you are at a camp ground, and not a resort, because that's how Point Sebago portrays itself, and you're not going to get the customer service that you would get at a resort. However, it is nice, the food was good for the most part (the breakfast buffet was instant eggs, yuck!) but we had free coupons and didn't pay, so who can complain? We didn't do the lobster night because we had taken a trip to Cape Elizabeth for an awesome dinner at the Lobster Shack (about 1 hour away) which is a great location on the ocean between 2 lighthouses, nothing fancy but outdoor seating at picnic tables along rocks that lead down to the ocean. I got alot of great photos there, and the kids had fun chasing crabs on the rocks. Don't leave your food alone at your table, even for a second, because seagulls the size of ducks are waiting for you to vacate and they immediately go and steal your food! The price for a single lobster w/ french fries and cole slaw was I think $22, and you watch them take it from the holding crate into the steamer, and yum, it was good!

The day we were leaving, The CBS Morning Show was there filming the attempt to make the world's tallest sandcastle and we got to meet Dave Price and it was really cool, I've watched him since he was the weather guy on Fox, and my daughter and I got our picture taken w/ him, which was neat!

All in all, we had a great trip, the kids want to go back next year, to the same home, to see their friends. We would not stay again if we hadn't gotten a house on the lake, it's pretty hot and dusty and the lake was a bit cooler and great views.

• Liked — Activities for the kids, park home location
  • Disliked — Poor wait staff and customer service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank CloudyDae
Also consider these accommodations in or near Casco
Harraseeket Inn
#1 of 1 in Poland Springs
Lakeview Inn
Lakeview Inn
#1 of 5 in Naples

Been to Point Sebago? Share your experiences!