“charming surprise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caribou
Old Iron Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Caribou B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We stayed at this lovely b&b during a family reunion. It was a lovely oasis amid all of the hustle and bustle. Easy to find, very clean, cool, quiet rooms, great water pressure, pretty gardens, and the breakfasts were exceptional. The greek omelet was to die for and the fresh fruit with herbs from the garden was delicious. There's lots of antiques to look at and you felt quite at home to come and go as you pleased (which is not always the case with b&bs).

Careful--there is no TV, although you can watch movies in a small room with uncomfortable chairs--but if falling asleep in front of the TV is what you want this is not for you.

All in all, next time I'll bring my laptop (wi-fi is there) and it will be 100% perfect. Who knew there was such a treat in Caribou?

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank travelerista

Reviewed December 26, 2007

It took me awhile to find this little B&B, I almost thought there wouldn't be one in northern Maine. I'm glad I did find it. Kate and Kevin treated us like family. Wonderful conversations with them and other guests at the breakfast table. I wanted to stay longer. Don't hesitate to reserve a room.

• Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed September 19, 2007

Old Iron Inn B & B is an oasis of warmth, hospitality and charm in an otherwise rural, sparsely populated albeit very beautiful section of the country. Kevin and Kate are wonderful hosts. They know alot about the area and are willing to help you with anything you need to make your visit more enjoyable. The apartment was very clean and comfortable and stocked with most everything we needed.
All in all, I would go back to this lovely little inn any time.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed August 21, 2007

We went to Caribou for a family wedding and fell in love with the Old Iron Inn. Kate and Kevin couldn't have been more hospitable, and the breakfasts were to die for. We were even invited to join them for "movie night" with one of the other guests. My husband and I couldn't have been more pleased with our stay and will be back next year for sure!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy P
Reviewed July 30, 2007

On a quest to find my family roots we came across Kathy and Kevin. They were the most gracious of hosts, to the point of giving my Great Aunt the heads up that Sue's Granddaughter would be in the area. They also helped me find my family's home, two blocks down and to the left....

Besides the fact that their Inn has charm, character, and old irons it is clean quiet, and Kathy makes the best darn Blueberry anything!

They made us feel like family, they do that for everyone. And helped so much with my quest! And have many wonderful stories to share.

And FYI the #1 reason you would want to own a B and B........
Is because you like to clean!

We would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2004, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard and Deb H
Reviewed September 5, 2006

My husband and I stay at the Old Iron Inn (---) every time we visit my uncle in Caribou and what a treat it truly is. The breakfasts are truly outstanding . . . fresh baked muffins and anything from omelets to pancakes! The innkeepers are most accommodating and friendly! We have had interesting conversations with them and other guests. No TV took some getting used to, but no worries . . . . it's actually refreshing and I hardly missed it at all! It's a great find!

• Stayed: September 2004, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KAmerick

Been to Old Iron Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!