“Well worth the stars.... my stay couldn't have been better!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caribou
Old Iron Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Caribou B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was in Caribou for business and stayed 11 nights (1 at the inn and 10 at the furnished apartment). Both places were exceptionally clean! The apartment is amazing for longer stays. Extremely cozy, beautifully decorated, and the kitchen is well equipped with anything you could need. The innkeeper, Kate even had fresh flowers at the bedside for me which was so sweet!

Location wise, for Caribou, it's perfect! About 15 minutes from Presque Isle and a walkable distance to a Shop & Save and downtown. I travel a lot, about 130 nights a year, and this was by far the most comfortable stay I have ever had!! I hope they have vacancy when I travel back to Caribou next year. Thanks for the excellent stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jamie_Portland
There are newer reviews for Old Iron Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I were headed up to the St Lawrence via Northern Maine. We spent one night at the Old Iron Inn during the first week of July.

Nothing much in Caribou. Actually the downtown shopping area looked pretty despressed as the only place doing any business was "The Family Dollar." Kate did send us walking distance to the "Par and Griil" for dinner and that turned out to have reasonable food and prices.

The Old Iron Inn is a big old house very close to the downtown with three guestrooms and a small TV room - lounge all on the second floor. We stayed in the Rose Room that was reasonably spacious, comfortable, clean, pleasantly furnished, and had a large full bath. The theme of the house is old irons. There must are hundreds of them spread all through the house as well as devices that made ruffles on clothing in the 19th century. There are also pictures and decorations circa 1900 thoughout. Nice, neatly kept garden and convenient parking in the back of the house. My wife's only complaint is that her sleep was disturbed by the street traffic. One of the other rooms is at the back of the house if you are a light sleeper.

Kate is a congenial, interesting, no nonsense hostess. She urged us to see the area and made some good suggestions. The surrounding countryside turned out to be more beautiful than we anticipated and there were a few low key sites of interest. Still, a day in the St. John Valley seemed to be enough for us. Breakfast at the Inn was good and served pleasantly. We had coffee - tea, a fresh fruit, scrambled eggs and sausage, croissant, and rich peanut butter muffins freshly baked. Husband Kevin joined us for breakfast and we learned about the University nearby and the County Fair. Again, leisure and very pleasant. The stay and the breakfast cost us less than $100.00 including all taxes.

Kate told me that she believes she may have the only B&B in the County although has seen a lot come and go. If so, that is really too bad. Nonetheless, the Old Iron Inn represents the genre quite well and I hope they can carry on for years to come.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NewHampshireTom
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Our second stay in three years... What a gem of a place: super comfortable, super friendly, great value!!! History buffs will enjoy the antique collections of irons, gram-a-phones, Lincoln memorabilia and household furnishings, complete with friendly proprietors. Prior to The Old Iron Inn experience, my interest in irons was purely "turn on, iron, and go" . . . . now I may find myself starting my own collection . . . . I will never look at the iron in quite the same way. Yup, "everything you ever wanted to know about irons, but were afraid to ask" . . . . you'll surely find answers, as Kate and Kevin are more than happy & excited to share their knowledge.

If you walk away from the breakfast table hungry, well . . . . then, that's just your own fault!!! . . . . lunch may not be necessary.

Upon waking Christmas morning, who would've guessed it was minus 7 degrees outside, it was so nice and toasty inside!

Four thumbs up from this well-traveled couple. Thanks Kate & Kevin . . . see you next time!!!

Lori & Steve

Room Tip: All the rooms are great... beds are nice and firm
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Steve Q
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I had a great experience with this B&B. Very friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was better than anything I could have obtained in Caribou. Will make it a point to stay with them anytime in the area. Also had free wifi which was great.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank William B
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I have stayed at the Old Iron Inn a couple of times on business. Great location, near Presque Isle and in Caribou. Good stop if driving farther north. Breakfasts are full of detail and very yummy. The place is impecable and the hosts could not be friendlier. I only wish they were farther south so that I could stay there more often.

Room Tip: I like the Amoeba room. For one traveler, just right. The other rooms are set up for more people. O...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank babel39
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We happened onto the inn without any reservations. Kate was happy to have our car parked for three days while we went biking/camping throughout northern Maine. On our return, there was "no room at the inn", so we stayed in their 2 bedroom apartment next door. What a great place, great hosts, and great breakfast! Northern Maine is a beautiful place to visit, but the inn alone is worth the trip.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank jayavitable
Reviewed June 3, 2011

we stayed here for my son's graduration at the magnet school the maine school of science and math in limestone as a parent we have traveled the past 4 years to beautiful northern maine i wish i had stayed here sooner the hosts are wonderful the breakfasts were incredable home made muffins the room were cozy just like staying at home i would recommend that future mssm families check the inn out your family will be treated to a relaxing stay with all the comforts of home

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sgaskell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caribou
Caribou Inn & Convention Center
Best Western Plus Grand-Sault Hotel & Suites
Crown Park Inn
Crown Park Inn
#2 of 2 in Caribou

Been to Old Iron Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!