“Great Lunch in Caribou”

Add it.
Farms Bakery
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Caribou
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

I took a wrong turn in Caribou on the way to Fort Kent, ME - and I am so glad I did! My husband and I didn't want fast food, so when we saw the Farms Bakery sign in a small strip mall at the edge of town, we stopped to investigate. In addition to a full array of croissants, danish, muffins and cookies, what caught my eye were the turnovers. Made with a terrific pastry dough, the ones we tried were full of a fresh blueberry filling. They were a perfect dessert after the fabulous sandwiches we ate there. Did I mention the thinly-sliced French ham and provolone cheese, generously piled onto a freshly-baked roll with all the fixings? We had a really delicious lunch in a small place that deserves to have a line out the door.

2  Thank FrequentFlyer53
There are newer reviews for Farms Bakery

Reviewed June 6, 2014

It was morning, I was hungry, and I found a flyer for Farms Bakery in my motel room. The concept of fresh handmade from scratch with real butter croissants was tortuous. I navigated the streets of Caribou and found the place tucked into a small mall. Once inside I thought that I had gone to culinary heaven. There were shelves of fresh baked goodies. I could not decide on what to buy so I said I would take one of each on the bottom shelf. Must have been 6 croissants. Back at the hotel my wife and I started to dig in. Just as good as Paris crisp layers of buttery pastry. After gorging ourselves we realized that we only had one left. On our way out of town we bought another 6 with the intent of taking them home and putting them in the freezer for later consumption. That never happened. The Farms Bakery needs a local map on their brochure for those out of town people who want to enjoy Paris in Caribou.

2  Thank NWS1935
Reviewed March 4, 2014

They have scones, muffins, brownies, cookies, bread by the loaf, rolls, pastries for you finest tea party, better than grocery store cakes for any celebration, croissant that melt in your mouth, chicken salad sandwiches and potato salad at lunch time. Limited seating and close at 2pm.

1  Thank Tonya P

Been to Farms Bakery? Share your experiences!