Caribou Inn & Convention Center
$89
Motel Leo(Grand Falls)
$74
$86
All reviewshot tublaundry roomindoor pooleasy accessaroostook countyspent nightsnice place to staywould stay here againloungemainesnowmobiletrailaccommodationsconferenceconvenienceciccnancy
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Dated decor but clean and bed was comfortablele. Desk clerk was friendly and efficient. We got the type of room we requested and had our small dog with us and the charge was very reasonable ($35) for the entire stay. Good location. We had dinner in the restaurant one night and the food was excellent and the service was wonderful. The next night, we decided to go to the lounge and order pub food. This was awful. My food came well before my husband's and the wait for his food (just a burger) was 45 minutes. A totally annoying and unenjoyable dinner. If it were not for this experience, we would have given a higher rating.

Room Tip: We chose a room with an outside entrance which was very convenient.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Property is in dire need of upgrades; much maintenance has been deferred. Horrible pillows.

Very nice indoor pool & whirlpool tub, but doesn't make up for negatives.

Much of housekeeping staff has bad attitude. They are more interested in getting off work as early as possible than providing service to rooms.

On site restaurant serves very good food.

Much nicer accommodations located 14 miles south in Presque Isle.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick A
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed recently while traveling for work. After a long day on the road, it was nice to be greeted by such a friendly person at the check-in counter. The rooms are nice; mine had a coffee maker, small fridge, and was adjacent to te centrally-located pool/hot tub area. The lounge was great - again, the staff was very welcoming. Guests also receive a $3.00 discount on breakfast in the dining room (which was very good).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rick B
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed here one night and that was enough for us. The staff was extremely polite and helpful and the service was outstanding - positively no complaints about that.

Our understanding was that the hotel was renovated, but our room at least certainly did not appear that way. The decor was 20-30 years old and the room felt extremely dark, the shower had zero water pressure, and there was no hot water at all.

On the positive side, the pool was excellent and the gym had to be the largest I've seen in a hotel... ever! I didn't use these facilities, but if I were in town for business for a few days, I would have been pretty happy with this.

We had our dogs with us and there was a very large field behind the hotel that was perfect for letting them get some exercise without being too close to the road.

Ultimately, the stay wasn't comfortable and the room felt a bit overpriced based on location as well as being an off-season Monday and this just outweighs the friendly staff and the excellent amenities in my opinion.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gaarap
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a bluegrass festival held there in chilly January. It's not exceptionally fancy but the rooms are quite clean and comfortable--but what makes the place stand out was the friendliness and accommodation of the employees there,and the fact that the food in the restaurant was not the usual just-getting-by fare. Maybe this is unfair to say, but for a place that I think caters mainly to the snowmobile crowd in the winter, this is certainly beyond the pale. The salad bar is fresh and varied, the coffee quite decent, and the dishes innovative. I had the Chicken Aroostook, grilled chicken breast stuffed with just the right amount of spinach cream sauce and coated with a potato crust, set in a roasted red pepper sauce. This combination really worked with the chicken. Whoever the chef is, he or she is quite confident. Another night I sampled the Haddock Napoleano, which was a nice piece of haddock in a light stewed tomato topping. I'm pretty picky about food and presentation and this was very good, I thought. The rest of my party felt the same.The complimentary bread was fresh-baked with a nice chewy crust, not the usual mediocre rolls found at many hotel restaurants. The always-friendly waitstaff was tirelessly accommodating--to the point of bringing me a glass of wine from the by-the-bottle list because I wanted something not on the by-the-glass list. Top this off with the ultra personable and creative bartender who has invented a few innovative drinks and who keeps the fresh popcorn coming in the lounge and who also permitted me some small samples of some of the new Southern Comfort liquors out there (not my cup of tea ultimately, but kept me from ordering an entire drink that I would not have cared for), and this place is a find! I'd probably go out of my way to eat at the restaurant even if I were not staying there.

Although I did not make use of the pool because I had not brought a bathing suit, it's a nice addition--with even a lap-swimming lane!--and I wish I had had the occasion to make use of it.

Room Tip: I probably would take a room on the outside of the hotel--which is set up in a big square--to get some daylight. The rooms on the pool side don't see any daylight and I'm not sure how much pool noise there would be on any given day, depending on how many kids are there I guess.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business