All reviews outdoor fireplace lobster coffee cake breakfast goodies within walking distance clean rooms cakes pastries cape porpoise motel every morning fresh fruit place to stay air conditioning hosts cereal maine microwave rates
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Looking for a place to stay that wouldn’t be too far from the Boston airport, we came across a jewel, Cape Porpoise Motel. Delicious self serve breakfast, so clean, very affordable and FRIENDLY! Old fashioned bikes at the motel allowed us to bike into the quaint fishing village which has a lighthouse, excellent bar/restaurant, chowder house and fisher-people. I will be back to stay at the Motel next visit!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2018

I booked this motel based on all the positive ratings. Yes, the owners are very friendly and Cape Porpoise is a lovely, quiet area. However, there were many factors that caused me to write this review. First of all, there were many black carpenter ants going up and down the bathroom walls. Also very concerning was that although the bed was made up daily, the bathroom was clearly not cleaned the entire visit. I found this unconscionable. No clean plastic cups were ever replaced during our time.

There is a large lawn with Adirondack chairs. The grass clearly needed to be mowed, and there was very long grass around the trees which indicated no trimming had been done for quite a while. We wanted to sit on the chairs, but there were bird droppings on them and they were never cleaned for the duration of our visit.

A previous reviewer submitted a negative review to which the owner responded that the person must be having a "bad day." I will probably be accused of the same. I suppose that yes, I must too be having a "bad day", but that is due to the aforementioned issues.

Clearly, this motel needs to pay more attention to detail and basics.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Debra M, Owner at The Cape Porpoise Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

So sorry for the disillusionment during your stay. We would gladly have addressed your aforementioned issues had you brought them to our attention. As we make our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint, we have moved to compostable, biodegradable and post consumer recyclable products. We also do not use chemicals on our property. The note in every room states what room services are provided daily "unless you request otherwise" It's unfortunate we didn't have an opportunity to make correction as it's our custom to provide a relaxed and comfortable stay for our guests. Mea Culpa

Reviewed October 17, 2017

The owners were very accommodating when I mistakenly booked a day earlier than I should have. Having spent some time at this motel in the past, I knew that this was the place I wanted to stay while having a getaway weekend with some friends in Kennebunkport. As anticipated, the rooms were very clean, well stocked with the basics ( and then some), commodious, and exactly as I'd remembered. The complimentary, homemade delicacies and coffee were just what the doc ordered on a crispy fall morning. The location is ideal: a pleasant stroll to the corner deli, grocery, or restaurant. It's a lovely setting. The outdoor fireplace provided a great conversation area and took the edge off the cool evening. I did not leave disappointed and felt that the rates were an extremely good value for the level and quality received.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2017

This was our first time at this motel, but it won't be the last!! The owners are great hosts and can direct you to great restaurants and beaches. The room are clean and well maintained and a great value. Breakfast goodies came out of the oven hot!!! It's so wonderful that someone has kept up old time America!!!

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed September 27, 2017

Relaxing, quiet place to stay away from all the bustle of Kennebunkport. Comfortable bed. Classic clean space. Delicious homemade muffins and breads for breakfast. Outdoor seating on the lawn was nice for reading. Outdoor fireplace looked like it would be fun for a group, A quick walk to Nunans Lobster.

Date of stay: September 2017