“wonderful place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cape Porpoise
The Cape Porpoise Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cape Porpoise
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We just came back from our third stay at the Cape Porpoise Motel. Once again,John and Debra have outdone themselves with the wonderful service, not to mention those great breakfast offerings. This place has a gentility which most of us wouldn't think of finding in a typical 'motel,' but, then again, this is not a typical motel. Thanks again, John and Debra!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bill1013

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I visited Kennebunkport a few weeks prior and stayed at Rhumb Line Resort. We enjoyed the area so much (specifically Saco and Ogunquit) and wanted to stay somewhere inbetween the two areas, so we found this hotel. It was better than Rhumb Line and much cheaper. That being said, I still feel indifferent towards it. The rooms were spotlessly clean and had a nice beach-type decor. Some things were a bit outdated (the furniture and TV) but it wasn't a big deal. The bathrooms were also very clean, but the room I stayed in had a strange problem with gnats. Being so close to the water, I'm not surprised with the bugs, though. There is a small breakfast with muffins and fruit in the morning. Overall, there wasn't anything terrible about our visit, but I'll look elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ebbie1081
Reviewed July 5, 2012

it's simple relaxed and clean.. the owners were very nice... our Australian Shepherd played with their Australian Shepherd which is really cool... Internet service was a little dicey but we got over it.... we were not far from Kennebunkport which was good we like to be a little bit away from the town to get away from the stuffiness... also the owners of cape porpoise opened up a little ice cream shop down the road... you have to try the moose tracks with some caramel on top I was drooling

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robert H
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stop at this little gem every time I visit the area. John and Deb are always very welcoming, and offer clean rooms with the expected amenities and comfortable beds. Bathrooms are a bit small but not uncomfortably so. Cape Porpoise is a scenic working port, and in season has a number of places to eat, and the beaches are quite close. This is a very good alternative for those who prefer a smaller, quieter Maine experience.

Room Tip: I prefer the small efficiency equipped with a full sized refrigerator, and cooking facilities.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank AdirondackBlue
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We've stayed here before and returned while visiting family in the area. Room is comfortable and mattress on our bed was VERY comfortable. Location is convenient to K'port, Cape Porpoise and surrounding areas. Nice restaurants in the area....a few within walking distance of your room even though you're in a relatively quiet location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here very much, the staff and owners were very friendly and happy to chat, which is especially welcome when travelling alone.

The motel itself seems fairly old, but is adequately equipped and the rooms are very clean, tidy and comfortable. The location is a little way off the main roads, so is nice and quiet, however as I was out-of-season, not much was available in the way of local ameneties, so I had to go to Wal-Mart.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank James C
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Quite a way from the I 95 and Kennybunkport.
Good size room with tea and coffee available and fridge, clean but very dated bath room
Within walking distance of good restaurants (good lobster) and convenience store
Good choice on breakfast buffet but very small space to eat but tray provided to take back to room

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MandS60plus

Been to The Cape Porpoise Motel? Share your experiences!