“The Perfect "Clam Shack" Experience!”

Cape Porpoise Chowder House
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: This place has been around for 40 years at the end of Pier Roiad in Cape Porpoise , Maine
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Sitting on the pier, eating lobster or fried seafood here is the perfect Maine experience! Friendly, cheerful staff and fresh seafood. Make this the place to go!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I split a seafood combo, the clams, shrimp, scallops and haddock were frest
and cooked just right.
As good or better than most seafood restaurants in southern maine

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We went on their opening night for the season. I was so happy to see one of my favorite wines on the menu. The lobster was superb, the onion rings were light and very good, not greasy at all. This is a no-frills place but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Unfortunately the bathrooms weren't working, I think they had a freeze up over the winter, so we used the next door bathroom. Other than that it was a great experience. Definitely will be back!

3  Thank Bisykmom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

for the scenery, the people and certainly the food. Can't get the seafood much fresher! Love the fish chowder..

1  Thank goochave
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My Husband and I have gone here on several occasions. It remains consistant and yummy. For our anniversary we had made reservations at some upscale place, but instead we opted for our low key good eats. Thank You staff and keep up the good work.

1  Thank carrie s