“Scrumdiddlyumptious!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
New Hampshire
“Scrumdiddlyumptious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have never had better apple pie! We went in to a nice woman who seemed flustered and we chatted for a few and by the end we all left smiling it was great! We bought a bunch of different pies and we threw some vanilla ice cream on top and voila! Delicious pie found here!! A must stop for dessert!!

• Visited October 2013

boston
“Best pie in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Everything is always fresh and made right there. The blueberry is to die for and so is the apple pic. Expensive but worth every bite.

• Visited July 2013
New York
“Very good pie, lovely owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I've been coming to this bakery since 2004. I'll say it up front: the prices are higher than larger establishments. This is not a chain, it is a small business and it is family run. It is in a house, it is not a sit down place. It is tiny, but I don't find that a negative. The economy affects them like everybody else and homemade style food items dependent on fresh products are going to cost you. The location is good, right on the corner, but you can park on the side street without dealing with the traffic on Route 1 that may be going by.

Muffins and cookies are sold here but the emphasis is pie and Nancy makes them great. Yes, they are $35 for a whole pie and I buy two every year: one to eat within the week and one to freeze and to thaw at holiday time. I come every September. Contrary to what others wrote, I find the staff very friendly, they remember us every year and we chat like old friends.

Taste: very good. The pies are chock full (someone here did not like that) but I like full pies. I hate flat, pale pies. The ingredients are fresh and if Nancy can't get good quality, then it won't make the handwritten chalkboard for the day. The Maine blueberry is awesome, but try the jumble berry: blue, rasp, straw and black berries that make a great combo. The sour cream blueberry is an unusually tasty pie, eat that right away unless you're going to get to a fridge soon. There's also peach raspberry, strawberry rhubarb and others depending on the season.

Give it a try, work off the calories and support small businesses. Tell them hello.

Visited September 2013
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Little slice of YUMMY!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had a day trip to Southern Maine today, and made a point to stop by.......I thought the little bakery was darling. Quite a few people came in behind me, and the gentleman behind the counter was VERY patient with my questions, as I was feeling a little rushed......

I settled on a slice of Maine Blueberry (of course!)......to bring home.....but had to have a bite in the car! Super yummy..........It's a fun little spot for a quick dessert to go:)

• Visited March 2013
Derry, New Hampshire
“Pretty good pie, not worth the premium price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stopped in on a March Saturday, wanted to try the place I'd heard others talking about. My first reaction was surprise at how small it is-- smaller than I had expected. You're not going to get the variety you would in a larger place, but they did have a variety of pieces available by the slice, a selection of cookies , and soem bread.

To be honest,. I was stunned by the prices-- $35 for a whole pie? At that price, it had better be extraordinary (or better)!! Cookies were $3.50 each. A slice of pie was $6.50. My wife and I ended up getting a slice of the multi-berry pie and a cup of coffee to share, and still ended up spending $10.

The pie was good, but not fabulous. Comparing apples to apples, an Apple Pie here is $35, while Bread and Roses in Ogunquit sells a whole apple pie for $20. I'd give a nod to Pie in Sky slightly higher marks for quality, but they aren't worth almost double the price, IMO.

• Visited March 2013