“Baked goods heaven!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Cape Neddick
North of England
“Baked goods heaven!”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This is an unassuming family run bakery at the side of route 1 between Ongunquit and York that if you weren't looking out for it you could make the mistake of driving right past... but don't, this place is well worth a stop.
We stopped by chance and were so glad we did. The range of homemade pies, whilst not cheap are well worth the price. We tried the stunningly good wild Maine blueberry pie and a carrot cake muffin, both excellent, but the pie was outstanding; the crust baked to perfection and the filling was delicious, a perfect balance of fruit, sugar and a gentle hint of cinamon.
The pies come in indivivual portions (actually quite enough for two if you add a scoop of ice cream) for about $6 and whole pies around the $30 mark. This may sound expensive, but when you factor in the size of the pies and the quality it's good value.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank MrTSD

Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Best blueberry pie I have ever tasted!”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

The blueberry pie from Pie In The Sky is by far the best I have ever tasted. The fruit is clearly fresh and it is bursting with flavor...and there is a lot of fruit! The crust is thin, buttery and baked to a golden brown. The experience is exhilarating, especially if the pie is warmed up right before you eat it.

I realize that the pies from Pie In the Sky are pricey, but they are worth it. The bakery is small and does not bake assembly line style. Each pie is hand crafted. Much labor goes into every pie, and the batches are small, so a high price is necessary to recoup expenses and make a profit. I don't begrudge them their price at all. You may not buy at Pie In The Sky every day, but, for the best pie around, you should try it at least once.

2 Thank IpekMike
Concord, New Hampshire
“$30 for a pie??”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The name sounds so good but get real - $30 plus tax for a blueberry pie? I concur with previous reviewers, atmosphere zero, attitude galore and way overpriced. Spend your money elsewhere!

1 Thank cckone
Florida
“Great Pie in a cute little shop!”
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We passed by Pie in the Sky Bakery while enroute to Ogunquit for lunch on a fall foliage trek. It was such a cute looking place we came back after lunch to have dessert here. When we entered the shop the smell was wonderful. We were quickly greeted by a young man and a woman who were hard at work boxing up their creations. The pies on the cooling racks looked wonderful and I'm sure they were very good. I am a cook and pride myself on my desserts and I felt these were restaurant quality high end pies. Yes, I did gasp a bit when they said they were $ 30 each but it didn't seem quite so bad when they showed us the large slices that went for $ 5.95 each. We decided on a pumpkin cheesecake crunch slice and got 2 forks. I must say, this pie was very, very good and had a very unique taste. We both felt it was worth the money. I usually pay somewhere around this amount for dessert in a restaurant and no one ever complains about it in there. I only wish they had a few small tables where you could sit and eat in case you wanted to take a break and enjoy the beauty of this area. I'm sure I could make it cheaper at home but while on vacation, I do like to splurge a little on things like this. I also feel good about helping small businesses like this to thrive. If all you are after is cheap pie, go to Walmart and buy a whole one.

boston
“Pie in the sky.. i can do better”
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I bought a blueberry pie while on vacation up here, this July. All i can say is mine are just as good if not better and these are overpriced.. I should have just brought my own ingredients and made it myself!!

2 Thank GOSOX08

Been to Pie In The Sky Bakery? Share your experiences!