“DELICIOUS MEAL”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband Jim, my friend Melody, and I had one of the most delicious meals here at the Cape Neddick Lobster Pound. Jim had the Bouillabaisse, Melody had the special Blackened Salmon, and I had the Pork Tenderloin. Jim said his meal was WONDERFUL- lots of flavor and seafood- the best he has had in a long time. Melody said her meal was excellent. I have never had a pork tenderloin taste so GOOD- the sauce was excellent. Would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

1  Thank CountryDeb
There are newer reviews for Cape Neddick Lobster Pound

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Annually my husband and I travel more than 200 miles (one way) to dine on the baked stuffed lobster at this restaurant. About 15 years ago we made the trip for great lobster (originally to a different restaurant specializing in lobster dinners) and were directed to the Lobster Pound by three locals who claimed this place served the best. We have never been disappointed. We arrived about 6 pm and as the Hostess brought us to a window table next to a family table with toddlers, I asked if she could seat at a 'quiet' table. She redirected us to a nice place and we had a wonderful dinner. A great treat all around.

pounded, Front Office Manager at Cape Neddick Lobster Pound, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

We really appreciate the kind words and I'm happy I could accomodate a table for your special occasion. See you next year. Melissa

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I went here with my parents (who are in their 70s and were visiting front he UK) after accidentally mistaking this place for the Perkins Cove lobster pound (which i only just realized when I started to write a review!!! Beware of improper googling :)). It was a lucky mistake! In spite of other people's less enthusiastic reviews this was the best meal we had in the York area. Service was amazing and the food was delicious (my mum and I got fish and chips, my dad got (and loved) a lobster). The view was also very nice. It was awesome to be able to watch the skies darken over the boats bobbing on the little harbor on a cloudy day. I highly recommend this place!

1  Thank Clare M
pounded, Front Office Manager at Cape Neddick Lobster Pound, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Thank you Clare for taking a moment to write of your experience with us...it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed everything. Melissa

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I went Saturday.

We started with calamari that (while flavorful) were the toughest we ever ate. Like chewing rubber bands.

My wife had the Lobster Stew which she enjoyed. I had the broiled scallops which were bad on two fronts. First the combination with leeks and mushrooms overpowered the flavor of the scallops and second ( and in my mind most unforgivenable) they were way overcooked.

There are many restaurants in this area. Next time I'll try one of them.

pounded, Front Office Manager at Cape Neddick Lobster Pound, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

So sorry to hear of your recent experience. We always strive to be the best in service and food quality and appreciate your feedback. I have sent you a personal inquiry to discuss your experience in further detail. Melissa

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We went Saturday night, restaurant was fairly quiet, having been several time before and have ing to wait for a table, we were pleased to be seated window side within 5 minutes! The view lovely, the food was ok, , I'll start with the chowder, not good, tasted a lot of salt pork, (in fact the chowder at the Goldenrod in York beach was much better) , I had the boulanise with half a lobster, $29, the clams were large and sandy, could not eat them , the two scallops and the two shrimps were fine, the lobster was mushy, the broth , not flavorful, and the side of carrots & fiddleheads were tasteless, the rolls were warm and ok, hubby had haddock plate which tasted like frozen fish. however the waitress was great, based on this food and the summer season just beginning, The quality and preparation of the food must be improved , we have been before and was always pleased however this time, we were not, so we won't be back or recommend.

1  Thank NewHampshireOgleman