“Will not return”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2008

If you dine here, be sure to bring a fly swatter or you will share your meal with numerous flies that land on the food!

Reviewed August 8, 2008

At first sight, the restaurant seems like a nice place for a good meal. By the harbor, plenty of people smiling as they walk to and from, however its quite the opposite once I had walked into the bouey filled threshold. As expected from great restaurants there will almost always be a wait. Our wait was around 30 minutes for 2 people. This restaurant is geared more towards families although its quite expensive. Me and my date had decided on two twin lobster dinners for a total value of $65.00 with two bowls of chowder for $11.00 while sitting on the wooden bench.

The Hostess is quite rude as she gives u a blank stare and says HI! dressed in baggy jeans and a t-shirt that screams that she obviously did not care to be there. WHen we finally got seated it was almost another 10 minutes before we could even order drinks. You would think that after such a long wait it would only be courtious to ask "would you like another minute to order?" to at least make us feel comfortable. Instead I had to ask her myself only to get a response as "well since im here" with a fake smile.

After ordering our chowder came out for the apetizers. I have had chowders for $4.00 a bowl and be thick, creamy, and full of clams, potatoes and other fillings. Instead It was watery, and barely had any fillings. The only way to feel good about this was to dip the fresh bread into it.
The lobster came out shortly after and was decent. It was supposed to be 1.25 lbs but I am sure one was smaller than that. The side dishes that came out were fries and the vegetable of the day. You could count the fries on one hand and three peices of broccoli.

The entire time werent even asked how our meal was or if we would like another drink.

All in All, if you have a lot of money to throw away, and have time to kill, than go for it.

Our total bill was 85.00 with no alchohol. Definatly not worth for food that you can go to Bull N' Claw for the same food with better service and cheaper prices.

Reviewed July 20, 2008

Our visit- the night of 6/1/08

We both wanted lobsters, so we were referred to this restaurant.

I would strongly recommend that lobster lovers go for the shore dinners. We paid $38 each for these. Despite the price, there is value in the shore dinners.

The first course is a choice between several vegetables. We both elected the small salad, which was really small; it occupied a saucer-size dish. It and the dressing were good, however. Also, the bread basket contained freshly baked, tasty bread. The shore dinners we each got include a second course of either steamed clams or mussels. In either case, we each got huge bowls with lots of shellfish with two dipping bowls. The lobsters were 1 1/4 lb. and the meat was sweet and tender.

A nice way for us to start our Maine vacation.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Gambrills, Maryland
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Best lobster roll I had in Maine. Also fabulous blueberry cobbler

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 14, 2007

I am sad to write this review. I usually give great reviews but can't this time. We were very excited to try this restaurant seeing we are in Ogunquit all the time and love the area. We went to the restaurant with a total of 3 couples and 3 kids. The drinks were great and the appetizers were really good too. The staff was wonderful and the atmosphere and scenery were great too. When the appetizers came out, a few of them had oregano on them, which should have raised a flag. Oregano to me is a very strong herb and should be used sparingly and not on a lot of things. Well, we got our meals and oregano was ALL over everything. Two of us had the seafood casserole, which was barely edible due to all the oregano on it. It also consisted of the tiny, baby shrimp like you would use to ground up and put in a stuffing or something. When I order a seafood casserole at $26, I kind of expect a normal size shrimp...not the case here. My husband had the steak with lobster on top and again, barely edible due to the fact that the steak was completely burnt on the outside. The other couple enjoyed their stuffed lobster and chicken curry...go figure. The stuffed lobster again had oregano in it...but not over powering like the casseroles. I'm not sure if it was just the chef that was on that night that really liked putting oregano on everything...but we were not pleased. One couple was nice enough to pick up the entire $350 tab for the whole table...but I'm sure that had to be hard seeing no one really enjoyed their dinner. I would not go back to this restaurant.