“Poor customer service.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cape Neddick Inn Restaurant

Cape Neddick Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cape Neddick Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Cape Neddick
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casual dining in an historic restaurant and tavern. Lobster, steaks chef's specialties, seafood, American cusine
“Poor customer service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This place needs to work on their customer service, from the wait staff to the owner. My father found a METAL BOLT in his (not inexpensive) entree. The server awkwardly apologized, but then... nothing. You would expect a manager to come to the table and offer you something, even just an apology - I've worked in food service, that's just what you do. The owner even walked by to adjust the window blinds behind our table and did not say anything, so we assumed he had not been informed. When we got the bill, a $7 salad had been comped even though the bolt had been in the $25 entree - when we inquired about it, the server replied "that's what my manager told me to do" and walked away. My father spoke with the owner on our way out and he had the audacity to say that they "don't have those kind of bolts in [their] kitchen", insinuating that we had perhaps planted the bolt there ourselves!?! We were not looking for a free meal, what we were expecting was decent customer service and a sincere apology - what we got was an accusation. The server could definitely use some proper training on how to handle a situation like this, which unfortunately is not uncommon, but the owner's response was appalling. Despite the "swordfish with metal bolt" - which was not on the menu - the food was actually quite good and was always reliable in the past. However, we will not be returning.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

York, Maine
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a wonderfully comfortable place with delicious food. From the appetizers to desert you won't be disappointed. And in cooler climes, there's always a cozy fire to warm your bones.

• Visited May 2014
Bradenton, Florida
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very nice atmosphere and nice menu. Some interesting dishes that will ensure everyone can find something they like. Many of the dishes allow you to add a lobster tail or a baked stuffed shrimp. Our server brought us out two very nice and very hot sourdough rolls. They were served to us as opposed to being brought in a basket. Unfortunately we were not asked if we wanted another because they were that good! I first ordered the steamed mussels but they had just run out. My backup was a ceaser salad which was one of the best I have ever had. Home made dressing, nice crisp bacon pieces and delicious shaved parmesan. My wife ordered fish chowder and said it was delicious and packed with fish. I ordered Chicken Saltombucca for my entree. It was as described on a bed of mashed potatoes, prosciutto, swiss chard and mozzarella cheese. The chicken could have used a little more seasoning to give it more flavor but other than that it was great. My wife ordered the swordfish with risotto. She said the swordfish was perfectly prepared. Not overcooked. The risotto was creamy as it should be. We will definitely return on our next visit. The restaurant is open 24/7/365 too! Never closes.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Loved The Place & The Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Had heard good things about the Cape Neddick Inn and decided to give it a try last night. First, the décor and atmosphere were beautiful and very relaxing. Next, the food was superb! I had been eating a lot of seafood during the week so I opted for the short ribs. I was not disappointed. Very tender and served with a delicious sauce over mashed potatoes. My wife went with the pan seared haddock and she loved it. To top the evening off we had the crème brulette and it was excellent. Lastly, the service was prompt and courteous. Our waitress, Karen, did a great job making sure we had everything that we needed and she made us feel right at home. I would highly recommend the Cape Neddick when you are in the area.

PS: They are open year round and it would be a great place to go on a chilly winter night as there are fireplaces in both the restaurant and the bar.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Delicious food in a welcoming atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Quick review: delicious food whether you eat in the dining room or the pub (same menu.) Friendly, professional service. Wide menu, and they accommodate requests.

I was visiting my sister in the area, and I requested a repeat visit to this excellent restaurant. This time we ate in the pub area, which has a nice fireplace and handsome bar. (We usually eat in the dining room when we have more family in tow.)

The menu (served in both dining room and pub) is wide ranging, with meats, fish, soups, salads, vegetarian options, a burger, etc. that will satisfy most tastes. I describe the menu as having real food with some obvious talent in the kitchen.

I started with a good beet salad, followed by a delicious grilled swordfish dish on mushroom risotto (and I know seafood, and am very picky about it -- the swordfish was some of the best I've ever had.). My sister had their excellent seafood chowder followed by a main dish salad with a by-request piece of grilled salmon (they seems happy to accommodate anything you want on top of a salad, as well as many types of requests.) The portions are generous. All ingredients are high quality and fresh.

Very nice wine list, with generous glasses in the under $10 range. However, if you are after higher-end wines, the cellar has a number of lovely French bottles. Full bar as you need, including many good single malt scotches.

Friendly, professional service.

To sum: This place is always a winner for well-prepared food with top-quality ingredients, reasonably priced. I would be a regular here if I lived in the area.

• Visited May 2014