“Great Place”

Cape Neddick Inn Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Cape Neddick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casual dining in an historic restaurant and tavern. Lobster, steaks chef's specialties, seafood, American cusine
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a wonderfully comfortable place with delicious food. From the appetizers to desert you won't be disappointed. And in cooler climes, there's always a cozy fire to warm your bones.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very nice atmosphere and nice menu. Some interesting dishes that will ensure everyone can find something they like. Many of the dishes allow you to add a lobster tail or a baked stuffed shrimp. Our server brought us out two very nice and very hot sourdough rolls. They were served to us as opposed to being brought in a basket. Unfortunately we were not asked if we wanted another because they were that good! I first ordered the steamed mussels but they had just run out. My backup was a ceaser salad which was one of the best I have ever had. Home made dressing, nice crisp bacon pieces and delicious shaved parmesan. My wife ordered fish chowder and said it was delicious and packed with fish. I ordered Chicken Saltombucca for my entree. It was as described on a bed of mashed potatoes, prosciutto, swiss chard and mozzarella cheese. The chicken could have used a little more seasoning to give it more flavor but other than that it was great. My wife ordered the swordfish with risotto. She said the swordfish was perfectly prepared. Not overcooked. The risotto was creamy as it should be. We will definitely return on our next visit. The restaurant is open 24/7/365 too! Never closes.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Had heard good things about the Cape Neddick Inn and decided to give it a try last night. First, the décor and atmosphere were beautiful and very relaxing. Next, the food was superb! I had been eating a lot of seafood during the week so I opted for the short ribs. I was not disappointed. Very tender and served with a delicious sauce over mashed potatoes. My wife went with the pan seared haddock and she loved it. To top the evening off we had the crème brulette and it was excellent. Lastly, the service was prompt and courteous. Our waitress, Karen, did a great job making sure we had everything that we needed and she made us feel right at home. I would highly recommend the Cape Neddick when you are in the area.

PS: They are open year round and it would be a great place to go on a chilly winter night as there are fireplaces in both the restaurant and the bar.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Quick review: delicious food whether you eat in the dining room or the pub (same menu.) Friendly, professional service. Wide menu, and they accommodate requests.

I was visiting my sister in the area, and I requested a repeat visit to this excellent restaurant. This time we ate in the pub area, which has a nice fireplace and handsome bar. (We usually eat in the dining room when we have more family in tow.)

The menu (served in both dining room and pub) is wide ranging, with meats, fish, soups, salads, vegetarian options, a burger, etc. that will satisfy most tastes. I describe the menu as having real food with some obvious talent in the kitchen.

I started with a good beet salad, followed by a delicious grilled swordfish dish on mushroom risotto (and I know seafood, and am very picky about it -- the swordfish was some of the best I've ever had.). My sister had their excellent seafood chowder followed by a main dish salad with a by-request piece of grilled salmon (they seems happy to accommodate anything you want on top of a salad, as well as many types of requests.) The portions are generous. All ingredients are high quality and fresh.

Very nice wine list, with generous glasses in the under $10 range. However, if you are after higher-end wines, the cellar has a number of lovely French bottles. Full bar as you need, including many good single malt scotches.

Friendly, professional service.

To sum: This place is always a winner for well-prepared food with top-quality ingredients, reasonably priced. I would be a regular here if I lived in the area.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Food was not good.At all. I found a hair on the plate and it was long and curly, so not mine or my bald husband. I did not want to tell the server because she was very kind.
Her service was great.
No reason to return, unless I want a glass of wine and some decent French fries. But not for spending almost 100 dollars. Never again.