“Cozy dining”

Cape Neddick Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cape Neddick Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Cape Neddick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual dining in an historic restaurant and tavern. Lobster, steaks chef's specialties, seafood, American cusine
Richmond, Virginia
“Cozy dining”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We came here on a cool October evening, there were fires lit in the fireplace and that leant itself to a cozy atmosphere. The gentleman who greeted us at the door, was not terribly friendly or accommodating, so we did not have high hopes for the rest of the experience. Luckily we had a very friendly and attentive server who made knowledgeable recommendations and was prompt. I had the beet salad and the evening's special soup of corn chowder. Both were tasty, the sale, crisp and fresh, the soup savory and hot. The hubby went on our server's recommendation of the pistachio encrusted salmon and he was delighted. He said it was everything she said it would be. It was served on a bed of veges that included brussel sprouts and I think butternut squash.
I would have rated it lower due to the first impression had it not been for the warm fireplace, tasty food, and server.

• Visited October 2013

“What a wonderful find”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Took a friend here for her birthday. It was so convenient as it was halfway between our homes. Great find. The restaurant is right on route 1 in York, and has a wonderful atmosphere, fireplace, cozy dinning room and a lovely wine list. We started with the Brie, a very tasty appetizer, and then tried the seafood. I had some delicious scallops with a wonderful risotto and my friend had one of the salmon dishes, which she really enjoyed. We also had dessert, the choices were varied; I had the lemon cheesecake and she had the creme brulee. A wonderful end to a great evening. If you are in York go, the service was fabulous and the owner was absolutely a joy to meet. Thank you Cape Neddick Inn.

Wayne, New Jersey
“Good Choice in Cape Neddick”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I stopped here while visiting Ogunquit for a quick meal. There is a restaurant and a tavern. While we were seated in the restaurant, I ducked into the tavern as we were leaving and thought it had more character and appeal. Service was prompt, attentive and friendly. We shared an order of mussels that were prepared with a blue cheese sauce and bacon. It was not only tasty, but lighter than one might imagine. My wife had a nicely prepared burger, while I opted for a ribeye. Both were cooked as ordered. While good, I would not order the steak again. While I don't eat it frequently, when I do it's usually in a steakhouse and I guess I'm a bit spoiled on that front. Charming place though and lots of other menu items to choose from.

Denver, CO
“A bit old fashioned and tired”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had a group of 8 for dinner and the menu offered a good variety for everyone. Many ordered the clam chowder and crab cakes which were good but nothing special. The most interesting things were the cocktails and desserts.

Ohio
“Quite Yummy”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Hubby and I had dinner here while on vacation in Maine. We did not need reservations due tot he time of year we visited. Dress is casual and there were people in dress slacks and jeans, both.

Dinner consisted of Lobster Rangoon to start. Lightly fried and not too greasy, the filling tasted of fresh lobster and was quite good. The sauce it was served with, Plum Sauce, was so-so. Hubby had the Filet Mignon dinner, said it was tender and melted in his mouth. It could have been seasoned a little more, but he enjoyed it very much. It was served with fingerling potatoes and swiss chard cooked with caramelized onions and bacon. He did not like the swiss chard at all and said it was tough and chewy. I had the Blackened Scallops, which were cooked properly and were tender and sweet. They were served on a bed of saffron and lemon risotto, which was also cooked well, but overly salty. In addition to the risotto, my dinner came with sauteed spinach with garlic, which was undercooked and the garlic overpowered the spinach, which is a shame, as I love spinach.

Our server was pleasant, knowledgeable, and attentive. We did not have dessert as we were too full, but we were told that they are homemade by the bartender.

A little on the expensive side, but all-in-all, it was a pleasant meal.