My boyfriend and I spent one night at the Inn by the Sea, but we will definitely return and plan to stay longer next time.
When we first arrived, we were greeted by Marc, who checked us in. He was very warm and gracious. He asked us if we wanted to dine at Sea Glass (the Inn's restaurant) and when we told him that we were going to head to Portland to have dinner, he made suggestions and even called to make reservations for us. He also went online to see if there were any shows going on at area theaters.
After checking in, we were shown to our room and shown how to use the gas fireplace. The room was beautiful!! It was comfortable and spotless. I agree with other reviewers who said that you would never know that dogs were allowed at the Inn. There was no sign of them at all. Anyway, the gas fireplace was so nice, as was the comfortable bed and beautiful decorations and furniture. The bathroom was gorgeous, and huge! The shower was beautifully tiled, and there was plenty of room to get ready, with the double bowl vanity and wall length mirror. Turndown service included soft chocolate chip cookies - a very nice treat!
We ate at Sea Glass the next morning and both of us enjoyed our food and view very much. Our server was warm and friendly, as was each staff member that we encountered. I would especially like to thank Eva St. Pierre, Front Desk Manager. Originally, I had booked my stay for December, but due to a family illness, I was unable to go. Eva allowed helped me to rebook my trip and was very understanding and kind when I explained my situation.
For all of these reasons, I can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After a multi million dollar renovation the eco luxury Inn by the Sea is Maine's premier beach destination. Located on a mile of unspoiled beach guests enjoy intimate dining in the ocean view Sea Glass celebrating Maine fare, relax in the spa or fireplace lounge. Spacious redesigned suites, rooms & cottages w oversized bathrooms, or full kitchens, or fireplaces. Child & Pet friendly! 5 acre indigenous garden,pool, bocce, fire pit, golf nearby. 10 mins to Portland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Inn By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn By The Sea Hotel Cape Elizabeth
- Inn By The Sea Maine/Cape Elizabeth