This is a beautiful place to stay. The views from the rooms are awesome and the rooms themselves all newly renovated. They have added a small bar/lounge area which was very cozy during the cold days and the restaurant was wonderful but a bit limited in its menu. Very high end. They have added a brand new spa to the inn which we took advantage of. My only complaint is this, the only time we could afford to go there was during the off season. After Memorial Day the rooms bump up to $400 per night from $199. They also tend to fee and gratuity you to death. A 18% gratuity for any spa treatments along with a spa fee. Just be sure to check your bill when you leave for extras, my husband complained about the spa fee (towels & water) we were told and they removed it. Not much else to do but relax. Downtown Portland is a 20 minute car ride. I would love to go again in the summer but couldn't justify spending that much for a room, so I guess it's off season visits for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After a multi million dollar renovation the eco luxury Inn by the Sea is Maine's premier beach destination. Located on a mile of unspoiled beach guests enjoy intimate dining in the ocean view Sea Glass celebrating Maine fare, relax in the spa or fireplace lounge. Spacious redesigned suites, rooms & cottages w oversized bathrooms, or full kitchens, or fireplaces. Child & Pet friendly! 5 acre indigenous garden,pool, bocce, fire pit, golf nearby. 10 mins to Portland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Inn by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn By The Sea Hotel Cape Elizabeth
- Inn By The Sea Maine/Cape Elizabeth