It's my pleasure to post this review, having just returned from a 4 day stay with an elderly parent, husband and toddler. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, starting from prior to our arrival. The front desk manager ( Eva, or Ava?) Went shopping for our groceries for us so that they'd be waiting for our arrival, for no extra fee! Traveling with a toddler meant a full size kitchen was imperative, and we used it every morning for breakfasts and evenings for tea, a snack, etc. We loved the cookies and toasted marshmallows left by housekeeping every night, too. Kitchen had a large fridge, real oven and 4-range stove, dishwasher, great counterspace and breakfast bar, and everything you'd need to cook a meal.
We stayed in room 621, a second floor 2-bedroom, 2 bathroom suite with an unbelievable view of lawn and ocean. Couldn't take our eyes off the view. Kept our toddler busy on the huge deck with indoor/outdoor fireplace while we soaked in the view.
The Sea Glass restaurant was very enjoyable for dinner our first night. It was a tad pricey, but good portion sizes, upscale food and a pretty sophisticated kids menu (not nuggets and pasta! )
The hotel is dog friendly but we had no issues with noise or aggressive dogs. We specifically asked for a room that wasn't dog free, and no problems were had in our section of the building with any barking or the like.
We saw the spa and fitness room but didn't get a chance to use it since we chose to take several road trips. Definitely want to return, to spend some relaxation time there.
Great location for exploring the southern coastal towns but also for the north. We used it as our base to visit Camden state park (90 minute drive), Coastal Maine botanical gardens (Boothbay), and Boothbay Harbor, as a few examples..
Loved, loved our stay. We used Maine Sherpa Babies to rent various baby equipment for our stay (for those that need it, it's a great service.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After a multi million dollar renovation the eco luxury Inn by the Sea is Maine's premier beach destination. Located on a mile of unspoiled beach guests enjoy intimate dining in the ocean view Sea Glass celebrating Maine fare, relax in the spa or fireplace lounge. Spacious redesigned suites, rooms & cottages w oversized bathrooms, or full kitchens, or fireplaces. Child & Pet friendly! 5 acre indigenous garden,pool, bocce, fire pit, golf nearby. 10 mins to Portland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Inn by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn By The Sea Hotel Cape Elizabeth
- Inn By The Sea Maine/Cape Elizabeth