My family and I came to Inn By The Sea to celebrate my 75th birthday. There are ten or us, five adults and five children, divided into three family branches, each with generous-sized rooms of our own. And I should say right upfront that we all can be very difficult at times to please. Our rooms were tastefully furnished, comfortable, and well-taken care of by the conscientious, but never intrusive, housekeeping staff. The food in the restaurant was excellent, attentively presented, exactly as we ordered it and the drinks at the bar presented graciously and generously. The lawn and beach are well-cared for, as are the exercise, spa rooms and hallways. But here's the real reason it was worth every penny and why we will go back as often as our schedules will allow: the staff and the service. They really seem to care about your feeling welcome and being comfortable. They are well-trained, personal, professional, warm, caring, and convey a sense of sincerity about wanting you to have a good and relaxing time. You get the sense with every contact that they actually like you (without ever becoming too familiar) and want you to feel at home. From the time we arrived and were greeted warmly until the time we left and were thanked warmly for coming, we felt cared for by the staff and loved being there. I cannot praise the Inn By The Sea highly enough and look forward to celebrating my next birthday there. Which reminds me: their chef makes one heck of a chocolate birthday cake. Finally, I've travelled with my son and daughter in the past and they've never called to thank me as often as they both did this time. Four calls from my daughter and two from my son. They and their families just love the place. So will you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After a multi million dollar renovation the eco luxury Inn by the Sea is Maine's premier beach destination. Located on a mile of unspoiled beach guests enjoy intimate dining in the ocean view Sea Glass celebrating Maine fare, relax in the spa or fireplace lounge. Spacious redesigned suites, rooms & cottages w oversized bathrooms, or full kitchens, or fireplaces. Child & Pet friendly! 5 acre indigenous garden,pool, bocce, fire pit, golf nearby. 10 mins to Portland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn By The Sea Hotel Cape Elizabeth
- Inn By The Sea Maine/Cape Elizabeth